Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Its raining geese.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Conservation officer Jacob Berl came across a shocking sight Saturday night – more than 50 dead geese had plunged into a parking lot near his Idaho lab.
The discovery in Idaho Falls followed a storm with lightning and golf ball-sized hail reported the East Idaho News, suggesting the geese were killed by a lightning strike while migrating north to Canada.
“Several of the geese had their stomachs blown open, and all of them were dead. None were injured,” Berl told the publication. “Hail likely would have knocked them out of the sky, but they would have been able to glide down and land at different places.”
Berl collected the bodies of 48 snow geese and three Ross’s geese in a 100- to 200-yard radius of the parking lot. He said more dead geese were likely to be on nearby rooftops

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/nation-world/national/article208449444.html

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's crazy. You don't hear about something like that every day.

Just imagine laying in bed sound asleep and having that hit your house or window in the middle of the night lol.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
BBF72EEC-E884-4327-9BD7-4DD42A2E9CD6.gif

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Crazy shit! Reminds me of the story last year or a little later where lightning killed a bunch of deer standing by a road out in Iowa I think?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Farm I hunted back in the 90’s lost a half dozen beef cows with a lightning strike... Insurance adjusted took a few days to show up, owner was t happy, nor the neighbors....