Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kiser Lake 3/10?

There are several guys going to Kiser Lake this Saturday, the 10th, if anyone else is interested. It should be a great time, as the temps are supposed to get into the mid to upper 50s and hold there, till then.

Most of the guys I know are taking kayaks. However, any non-motored watercraft is allowed on Kiser. The stripers should be biting, by now. Even if they're not, there's always some great crappie and bluegills, this time of the year. :smiley_bril:

Anyone interested in fishing Kiser, this weekend?

Bowhunter57

JD Boyd said:
I heard they are gonna start letting jet skis in there this summer.
Yea, right...you're too funny. :smiley_crocodile: Maybe if they're paddled around. :smiley_blink:

The state entered into an agreement with the Kiser family, that there would be no motorized watercraft on Kiser Lake.
http://dnr.state.oh.us/tabid/751/Default.aspx Check out the Boating and History sections.

Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's the talk around here. Also heard they was gonna have a nude side of the lake...

In that case, I might go. 50 degrees this weekend would bring out the headlights. Any good looking ladies in the area JD? They frequent the Kiser Lake area?

So far, there's approximately 6 to 10 guys that are taking their kayaks to Kiser Lake, this Saturday. The wind is going to be less than 10 mph and the temps are going to be in the mid 50s. It should be a great time on the water. I plan on being there around noonish. :smiley_blink:

I may pick up some chicken livers on the way, for the stripers. One of the guys that's going, caught one last spring that was 18 lbs. and 34" long. It took him and hour and 50 minutes to get it in the boat.

Bowhunter57

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
So far, there's approximately 6 to 10 guys that are taking their kayaks to Kiser Lake, this Saturday. The wind is going to be less than 10 mph and the temps are going to be in the mid 50s. It should be a great time on the water. I plan on being there around noonish. :smiley_blink:

I may pick up some chicken livers on the way, for the stripers. One of the guys that's going, caught one last spring that was 18 lbs. and 34" long. It took him and hour and 50 minutes to get it in the boat.

Bowhunter57

Holy Sheeeet! That's a big fish!!

Best of luck, hope you guys tear them up tomorrow!

Well, several of us kayakers were on the lake today, but the fish were being shy. A few small crappies and bluegills, but nothing worth keeping. The water temp was 52, so maybe it's a little early for the big fish.

It's supposed to warm up as the week goes, so I may have to try a few smaller ponds...till the bigger bodies of water warm up.

Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Still better than my day brother. It was a beautiful day to be outside for anyone that was able to enjoy the outdoors.