Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Erie Bite

Big H

Medina
I have fished Lake Erie for a long time (from the time I was in my early teens), and this is the Good Old Days. I know what it was like in the 70's and 80's, I was there. Right now the walleye bite is absolutely incredible. 2 person limit in an hour Thursday evening. 3 person limit in 1.5 hours Saturday and 4 person limit in 1.5 hours Sunday. I say person because it was myself, my wife and one of my daughter's on Saturday and then Sunday my dad came with us.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
It's been just plan ridiculous up there . The last 4 trips the longest it's taken us to get a 4 man limit is 2 hrs . Saturday we put 24 in the livewell in 80 minutes .
Yesterday me and two buddies trolled up about 40 in 2 passes . Then decided to cast Erie dearoes and harnesses and caught 28 in two drifts. Caught nicer fish drifting for some reason . Had three 26-28" fish drifting and a decent number of 18-20" .

Now is " The good old days " on Erie .

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I plan on hitting it this weekend, I like to cast for them. Carpn what general area you pick them up casting if you don't mind sharing?

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
If your casting gold is the standard . On a casting harness I like a gold blade with green or chartreuse beads , on a Erie dearie all gold . I don't know if it really matters right now tho honestly

Reactions: Hunter II

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
If your casting gold is the standard . On a casting harness I like a gold blade with green or chartreuse beads , on a Erie dearie all gold . I don't know if it really matters right now tho honestly

What general area? Gravel pit, or maybe north of the reef complex?

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
IMG_20180610_220118.jpg
View attachment 61426

Big H

Medina
I am fishing right off of Cleveland. Carpn, that looks like Avon launch ramp, but your boat looks familar. Do you put in at Edgewater also?