Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Been set since before 6. Long walk in the pitch black deep in the strip mines. Managed to keep from bumping anything. Head deer around me in the distance in the dark. Nothing since daylight. Dead quiet here.

Crowell392

I saw 11 doe's and 1 two year old 8 yesterday evening today I'm trying out a spot that I have been getting some good bucks on camera.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good luck Rick on your first morning sit.....
Enjoy your time on stand gentlemen....
I'm making waffles for the Mrs and I.... Taking the day off....

Schu72

Streetsboro
Had a small flurry of activity. 3 doe and then a single that acted like she was being chas. But nothing following her. Saw all kind of doe last evening and no bucks either. Wierd.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
5 does and 2 spikes so far. Another beautiful crisp morning!!

IMG_5385.jpg

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Wow. Crazy morning. Got up to go hunting when neighbor calls (out of town on business) says that a guy hunting his 400 acres fell out of his stand... being a paramedic I notified 911 and headed to the woods to locate the hunter.
He had fallen from a ladder stand that broke, was in process of connecting harness when it let go. Spinal injuries. Helped local ambulance get him packaged and FD set up helicopter landing zone. Prayers for the hunter. Be careful out there!
Got home and went hunting.
Got in stand late, but have had 3 hot does and 2 bucks thrashing brush around. No possible shots but awesome activity!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
This pass may kick my butt later hes a big mature deer with one good side and 3 tines coming off the base of his right side definitely a cool mature buck

Attachments

• IMG_20161106_073810298.jpg
    IMG_20161106_073810298.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 92

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Prayers go out to the hunter...hate things like that!

3 bucks one doe so far. Buck in neighbors corn had good mass but could not get a real good look at him. Last buck (4 pt) only had 1/2 a tail. He was trying to flick it though...pretty funny looking.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Completely fucked it up this morning. Called a gorgeous 8 in from 100 yards out. His angle of approach prevented any possible shot but step angle down as he passed by my tree.

Drawing at that angle, I caught my release sending the arrow sailing prematurely....

Sick about it.

rsmith

Super slow morning for me. Not a deer in sight. Breakfast was calling my name so I decided to get down

Bigten05, I'm sure passing him you will be fine. You got plenty of deer running around sit tight!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Completely fucked it up this morning. Called a gorgeous 8 in from 100 yards out. His angle of approach prevented any possible shot but step angle down as he passed by my tree.

Drawing at that angle, I caught my release sending the arrow sailing prematurely....

Sick about it.

You were meant to get a bigger one Ryan...
Keep at it buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.