Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My Bow Exploded. Don't know what I should hope for from PSE

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My first compound was a PSE Titan. Stiff drawing bow and sucked on late season cold hunts. I sold it to a guy and a few months later the top limb exploded on him and beat him up pretty good. He admitted too shooting too light of an arrow too a mutual friend and PSE said it was too old (roughly 5 years old) at the time it happened.

I went on to a Hoyt heat and never had an issue and still have it today although a buddy has borrowed it a few years ago and still shoots it.

Here’s hoping they take care of you and like Tracker posted earlier be cordial with them when they contact you.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Just get the bow back to them and be patient.You probably wont get a free bow but you should get a helluva discount.Back in the beginning of time,I bought a browning tracker,my first,and last compound.had it 2 yrs and the limb snapped.Sent it back and Browning gave my choice of any bow they made for something like 30 bucks. I chose their top of the line recurve and still shoot it.Be patient be polite,tell them what you think should happen,be willing to deal.Good Luck

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it. Hopefully something like that comes from it. My Dad is extremely angry and they might get some aggressive emails and phone calls from him. I'm not good at being angry though, I'm just sad my bow exploded and hurt someone else and want it fixed lol

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
My first compound was a PSE Titan. Stiff drawing bow and sucked on late season cold hunts. I sold it to a guy and a few months later the top limb exploded on him and beat him up pretty good. He admitted too shooting too light of an arrow too a mutual friend and PSE said it was too old (roughly 5 years old) at the time it happened.

I went on to a Hoyt heat and never had an issue and still have it today although a buddy has borrowed it a few years ago and still shoots it.

Here’s hoping they take care of you and like Tracker posted earlier be cordial with them when they contact you.

Damn, I would hope they'd design their bows to last longer than five years. Definitely would like to switch brands if I could afford it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it. Hopefully something like that comes from it. My Dad is extremely angry and they might get some aggressive emails and phone calls from him. I'm not good at being angry though, I'm just sad my bow exploded and hurt someone else and want it fixed lol

Cordial but firm will get you further then angry in most situations. Getting angry just angers the person whom you’re dealing with and can have counterproductive results....

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Cordial but firm will get you further then angry in most situations. Getting angry just angers the person whom you’re dealing with and can have counterproductive results....

Yeah, trying to decide whether to ask him to wait until we hear what they have to say. He has a pretty short fuse and is fairly stubborn. You're probably right.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That sucks big time. Glad your OK and I hope PSE takes care of the issue. I would ask the bow shop if they might have a loaner until you get your bow issue resolved.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks man, is that usually something they'd do for free? It was my first time there so they don't really know me
Sometimes bow shops will make some kind of arrangements to use a shop bow. Just depends if they want to be nice and accommodating or not. Never hurts to ask. I would say that you will find out about your bow before season starts though so you might not need a loaner. Season out there starts in what, early September?

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Thanks man, is that usually something they'd do for free? It was my first time there so they don't really know me
Sometimes bow shops will make some kind of arrangements to use a shop bow. Just depends if they want to be nice and accommodating or not. Never hurts to ask. I would say that you will find out about your bow before season starts though so you might not need a loaner. Season out there starts in what, early September?

August 25th, just a bit over 3 months away. Hopefully I will hear back from PSE soon, I like to shoot every day. Coming home and not shooting felt weird yesterday. If PSE takes more than a week to say anything I will probably ask, thanks for the idea

Reactions: Dustinb80

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That sucks big time. Glad your OK and I hope PSE takes care of the issue. I would ask the bow shop if they might have a loaner until you get your bow issue resolved.

Being new and with your track record I would be surprised if they loaned you a bow lol. I would think that would be a liability issue also.

Reactions: teenbowhunter

teenbowhunter

Delaware County

Being new and with your track record I would be surprised if they loaned you a bow lol. I would think that would be a liability issue also.

Lmao that's kinda what I was thinkin. Didn't exactly start off on the best foot. They do have a $200 used bear I might have to settle for if PSE doesn't pull through. Never heard of one of them blowing up

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Lmao that's kinda what I was thinkin. Didn't exactly start off on the best foot. They do have a $200 used bear I might have to settle for if PSE doesn't pull through. Never heard of one of them blowing up

Before buying used look at Archerytalk. Especially this time of year where those nuts are selling awesome bows for cheap because they need to have the latest models.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County

Before buying used look at Archerytalk. Especially this time of year where those nuts are selling awesome bows for cheap because they need to have the latest models.

Will do (unless PSE pulls through, still hoping), thanks!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You can buy old Switchbacks or other Mathews bows for 300 all day long. I still shoot mine daily and everyone I've talked to that sold theirs regret it! Good luck with your bow, just keep in mind some older bows are far superior to newer.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You can buy old Switchbacks or other Mathews bows for 300 all day long. I still shoot mine daily and everyone I've talked to that sold theirs regret it! Good luck with your bow, just keep in mind some older bows are far superior to newer.
Do you think that's because they chased the speed numbers and sacrificed consistency of the mechanics?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Do you think that's because they chased the speed numbers and sacrificed consistency of the mechanics?
You're thinking about hoyts [emoji23]

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang man, sorry to hear about your bow but glad you or the other guy didn’t get hurt any worse than you did! You’re very fortunate to be just out a bow, imo. I hope PSE does you right but seems this day and age even the most successful companies won’t budge an inch if it cost them a buck.