Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Addition to the Family

After selling my last kayak to Jackalope, I thought my kayaking days were behind me. :smiley_chinrub: NOT! I've been having some kayak withdraws, lately, so I've been shopping. Dunhams Sports, MC Sports and Dick's Sporting Goods were the main 3 stores that I have been shopping.

MC Sports had one of the kayaks left, that I'm interested in owning and it met the criteria that I'm after for my next fishing kayak. I have to get it registered, add a few fishing accessories and I'll be putting it in the water for a test drive. :smiley_bril:

Bowhunter57

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Nice yak BH! As much as I like my Tarpon, I would love to upgrade, but I can't justify selling it as it's only two years old. Maybe I can get the wife to part with hers though!

Huckleberry Finn said:
I'm kicking around picking up a used one.
Over the last 4+ years, kayak fishing has become extremely popular. Gas prices for the SUV or p/u truck to pull the trailer with the boat...and the gas for the boat, licenses for the trailer and the boat. Not to mention a trailered boat has limited access points to certain bodies of water, etc., etc.

A kayak can be hauled on top of any car and be put in on any body of water at any point of entry. No trailer, no gas and the license for 3 years is only $20. :smiley_bril: Gotta love it!

Bowhunter57

Last edited:
Droptine said:
I can't believe you have to register a kayak. I think that's ridiculous. I could see if you had a trolling motor on it. Just my 2 cents
The State of Ohio wants your money, but you ain't heard the rest of the story. If you put a trolling motor on it, the registration is $33. :smiley_arrogant:
http://watercraft.ohiodnr.gov/registrationfees

Bowhunter57

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The 2 grandson got into kayaking last summer. They both picked up top name brands out of Craigslist. Giveaway prices.

Thanks, "J" and yes the rear seats fold down, which makes the trunk very spacious. Enough room for two grown adults, which makes me wonder where the blue glitter came from, as I recently purchased this Civic coupe used. Perhaps the guy that owned it prior to me, hid a stripper in there. :smiley_chinrub:

Bowhunter57

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks, "J" and yes the rear seats fold down, which makes the trunk very spacious. Enough room for two grown adults, which makes me wonder where the blue glitter came from, as I recently purchased this Civic coupe used. Perhaps the guy that owned it prior to me, hid a stripper in there. :smiley_chinrub:

Bowhunter57

Stripper smuggler mobile..... hahahaha..... That's a classic right there lol....

Today, I installed a pair of Scotty Rod Holders, a pair of eyelet guides for my anchor line with boat cleats so that the line can be tied off. I'm going to set a milk crate, right behind the cockpit with 3 or 4 rod holders in it too. It will simply be held down with bungee cords. She's ready to fish! :smiley_bril:

I may have to travel south, for a few miles to put this thing in the water, this weekend. Kiser Lake, might still be open...I'll have to call around to see if anyone knows for sure. I'm going to the BMV to get my Alternative Registration and then I have to swing by Dunham Sports to get a PFD.

Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looking good Daniel. Glitter could be from kids as well. I walked in the kitchen one day to find glitter everywhere. My reply: "Kids what the heck happened in here? Looks like Tinkerbell got drunk and ran into the ceiling fan. Pixie dust (glitter) all over the place. Clean it up!"

I may have to snag one of these and drop off Geoffrey with you on your excursions. He loves to fish and thinks we should have some kayaks. lmao