Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New DAS Limbs

I had my original DAS (Long) longbow limbs bottomed out and were barely 40#, but they're 35# limbs. They shoot great, but ran out of gas at the 20 yard mark, for "point on" aiming....as I'm string walking with this bow. :unsure:
I took a road trip to 3 Rivers Archery, this morning and picked up a set of (Extra Long) DAS longbow limbs at 45#. This makes for a 64" bow length, whereas the other limbs made for a 62" bow length....on this OMP Sektor 17" riser. I shot it quite a bit to get some of the string stretch out of it, before I go to a shoot with it tomorrow. I've only had to twist up 8x and then another 2x, to maintain a 7 3/4" Brace Height. :cool:

The "point on" has extended to 25 yards and I'm happy with that, as that will come in handy for the 3D shoots. My intended hunting distances will be 15 yards and inside. 💯 I don't understand why this longbow is easier for me to attain better accuracy, groups, etc. than my recurve, but I decided to not fight it and just go with it. :sneaky: It is what it is. I'm just happy to be hitting the intended target without struggling.
The arrows are Gold Tip XT Traditional 500 spine, 29" with a 200 gr. field tip and 3" feathers. :cool:
45 DAS Longbow.jpg

45 DAS Longbow 2.jpg

Reactions: Mickey Merrie
I went to a 3D African Safari shoot, this morning. Some of the yardages were out there. :unsure: Even so, these new limbs were very impressive. I ended up with a 440 out of a 600, for a score and completely missed 4 targets, due to the extended ranges. :rolleyes: I would've never guessed that I'd be shooting a longbow better than a recurve, but it's happening. :sneaky:
I won't say that I'm giving up on the recurve, but I'll be putting more time in with this longbow setup, between now and deer season. (y)💯

Reactions: Mickey Merrie