Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New(er) tresstand pack

Milo

Tatonka guide.
interesting ..

www.theclad.com

may look into this as i like the attachment straps much better than my current TTS pack. here in Ohio also which is a plus.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I like the idea of it. Modular. Would I replace my TTS, no. Would I buy this instead....maybe depending on price.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've had two different TTS's rip on me now, and I'm starting to get a little peeved with them. They both ripped in the same spot, on the bottom where the last two straps go into the back by the mesh pocket. I'm considering not even using the bottom buckles this year and see how that works out.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've had two different TTS's rip on me now, and I'm starting to get a little peeved with them. They both ripped in the same spot, on the bottom where the last two straps go into the back by the mesh pocket. I'm considering not even using the bottom buckles this year and see how that works out.

That's right where my first one ripped as well. GPG replaced it promptly, no questions asked, so I'm satisfied... but we'll see how this one with the beefier stitching holds up. I like this C.L.A.D. system... Looks pretty solid to me.

Dmiller6868

Hey guys. Glad you've taken notice of the CLAD! I'm the inventor and co-designer of the product. Born and still residing right here in Columbus, OH. We're very excited about the product and all of the key features.

The one key thing that you may not gain from the website is that the CLAD doubles as a lumbar support and added comfort while IN your stand, and isn't just for packing it in and out.

I've used this thing for hiking, camping, fishing, photography, carrying a bag of duck decoys, carrying my ground blind and even packing elk meat out in Montana. I've used it on my climber and my lone wolf and it's incredibly comfortable compared to other packs and devices I've tested. I know the product may seem expensive, but it's 100% american made and I wouldn't change that for a second. We also are working on several various attachments for the system to accommodate a variety of things to use it so a user can customize the attachments and make it more universal. The CLAD only weights 2.5 lbs and I can assure you that you won't be disappointed. Let me know if you're interested as I give 10% off to anyone residing in Ohio.

Shoulder Blade

Watched the video, the guy in the video should have a safety harness on when hanging that stand IMO.

It does look like a nice product

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yes, he should. At the end of the day though, that's a personal decision.

Agreed. However you are now entrenched in a ruthless industry with little room for error. Whether it is a personal choice or not, as a public figure you have to toe a different line. It should be done as much for aesthetics as for safety. People will take notice.

You should check out the video our very own deerjunkie posted of his fall a couple years ago. It'll make anyone rethink that choice to not be as safe as possible...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Hey guys. Glad you've taken notice of the CLAD! I'm the inventor and co-designer of the product. Born and still residing right here in Columbus, OH. We're very excited about the product and all of the key features.

The one key thing that you may not gain from the website is that the CLAD doubles as a lumbar support and added comfort while IN your stand, and isn't just for packing it in and out.

I've used this thing for hiking, camping, fishing, photography, carrying a bag of duck decoys, carrying my ground blind and even packing elk meat out in Montana. I've used it on my climber and my lone wolf and it's incredibly comfortable compared to other packs and devices I've tested. I know the product may seem expensive, but it's 100% american made and I wouldn't change that for a second. We also are working on several various attachments for the system to accommodate a variety of things to use it so a user can customize the attachments and make it more universal. The CLAD only weights 2.5 lbs and I can assure you that you won't be disappointed. Let me know if you're interested as I give 10% off to anyone residing in Ohio.

Thinking about your product and have some questions..pm coming.