Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nice day out

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks, those days during a tournement are too far and inbetween lol.... We'll be down on the river again for a Wednesday tournement this week barring any nasty weather that is.... Should be a good one as well....

Brock it looked like you and Mason and a great week as well....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We did, J. The walleyes lost the will to cooperate after Saturday evening, so we switched over to smallmouth fishing for the most part. We did really well, and as bad as I hate to admit it, I can see me becoming a "bass fisherman" all over again :). Sad thing; Friday evening the weather turned pretty bad w high winds and rought water. So we fished right in front of the house for an hour or two waiting for things to settle. I hooked what had to be a 6+smallie and was unable to properly deal with him due to my elbow giving me fits after a long week of wrestling fish...dang the luck! He was the only smallie I lost all week (Mason lost a bunch), but of course he was the biggest by far! I've only got to wait a year to go looking for him again :)

I got the "go-ahead" from my bride to run up to St Clair in a couple of weeks. You wanna tag along? I'm planning a Sunday-Tuesday kinda trip.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Tempting that's for sure lol.... I'll have to take a rain check for now.... But if you're ever thinking of heading up this way drag the boat and I'll give you a tour of the river (northern division) might even get Cotty to grab some poles too tag along.....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That's an offer I may take you up on! I gotta get on St Clair quick. My Mom is really after me to go learn that water a bit so I can tell her where to go catch perch! :).

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
A buddy of mine who I've known for a couple of decades helped me wet sand and buff out my boat last year and I told him whenever he needed a hand call me.... Called me last night while I was fishing on Berlin lake and asked if I wanted too fish in the morning, sure why not.... Cool he said but we've got a little trailer maint too do lol.... No problem one of my specialties lol.... He made new bunk boards with and brackets for he trailer and we pulled the old ones off which 3 of 4 were pretty much rotted off lol.... We had to grind some of the bolts off due too nothing being left of he bolt heads lol I guess after 13 years he got his monies worth lol.... We swapped out the boards adjusted to get the boat too fit and boom we're done and fishing lol about an hour of work and spent 4 hours fishing lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 275

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well we ended up having a great day on the Ohio fishing our club tournament..... We ended up winning and having big bass, we had a little under 11 lbs with big bass as well at 3.6 lbs we caught lots of fish and didn't tear anything up doing it lol....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thats awesome J. slayin em. Looks like you will be able to add to your signature.

Thanks Dave... Yeah probably not... Although I love bass fishing deer hunting is where it's at!!!!!! I put the boat in storage during prime fishing time too go sit in the stand!!!!!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Glad to see you had another good day on the water, J! Congratulations!

I have sworn to myself that I am going to fish more this fall. I also plan to learn a little about the Ohio in my neck of the woods. There is nothing rated as "excellent" in the closest pools but sauger... and I'm ok with that, never fished for 'em so I'm hoping to this fall. I had this plan last year, and wound up wasting an awful lot of good fishing time chasing deer. Old habits die hard.