Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nuisance Trapping

Got home yesterday and caught another one at the chicken coop, same tragic results. Between April 1st - Aug 1st of last year caught 20, nothing until March 30 of this year and four since for a total of 5 so far this year. Would think that taking out 25 in a little over a year would thin them out pretty good. Do they raise from the dead? May start putting a wood stake through them or start using silver bullets.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Got home yesterday and caught another one at the chicken coop, same tragic results. Between April 1st - Aug 1st of last year caught 20, nothing until March 30 of this year and four since for a total of 5 so far this year. Would think that taking out 25 in a little over a year would thin them out pretty good. Do they raise from the dead? May start putting a wood stake through them or start using silver bullets.

We once took 46 coons off one feeder during the summer. We thought that was a lot.....
My buddy took 52 off his feeder same summer. (Several miles away).

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've got a trash panda getting in my garbage that's about to be reckoned with.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I've got a trash panda getting in my garbage that's about to be reckoned with.

I HAD one last week that was hitting my trash on the back patio. He couldn't resist the golden nuggets and the DP that was set. HE GONE!
Now I have something else hitting it. Not sure if it's the skunk that's been running around under the bird feeder or if it's one of the 9 million feral cats running around. Either way something is going to end up in the live trap this week.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I HAD one last week that was hitting my trash on the back patio. He couldn't resist the golden nuggets and the DP that was set. HE GONE!
Now I have something else hitting it. Not sure if it's the skunk that's been running around under the bird feeder or if it's one of the 9 million feral cats running around. Either way something is going to end up in the live trap this week.
I have found that cats usually make a small goofball sized hole in the bag and drag out one thing far enough to eat it. A coon will rip it open and drag everything out that's in his way.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My activity has slowed down, but I'm about to make a run on them again by moving my DPs up the brush line. Found a chicken foot in the landscaping this weekend. No cool...

Don't know if this is the chicken killer, it wouldn't confess or name other suspects.

1528885831298.png