Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Number 1 and Number 2 hit list bucks....170's???

themedic

OHIO
With velvet season coming to an end I think I have a pretty good idea who I'll be hunting this fall. I have two bucks, both on the same farm, (how convenient) that I will probably spend most of the season hunting. The second buck I have some history with, he could probably use another year of growth but he will not get a pass by me or any of my clients. Hopefully I can tag one of these guys on camera. With out any further delay

Meet Denali 2.0

and Shovels

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Regardless what he scores Corey, Denali 2 has got an impressive frame. It's so hard to score em off pics in velvet but I'd say closer to 160 because of the weaker brows but still a slob of a shooter in my book.

Shovel didn't seem to put anything on other than being wider and heavier. Still, we'll get a better idea after he sheds. Like the character he has around the bases though, if he gets another year it will be interesting to see what he does.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Some dandies there, Cory! For what it's worth, I think that Denali 2 will net 158-161. Just because of my 10" rule for TC pictures. Shovels has got some great character TOO his rack. Good luck on scoring on one of them.

Buckmaster

Portage
And how is liability insurance handled as well?
Sorry for being a little off topic here.

But still, great deer. I'd be proud to tag either.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Top buck I'm seeing 160-62 right now. Next week or the week after less than that....Nice looking buck and I'm sure someone would be happy with him

Last edited:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Very nice Corey, I think Denali will "gross" 165 with the amount of mass he carries.... its so hard to tell until the velvet comes off tho. Either way he's a stud!!!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I just ran the numbers again on both bucks.....conservative I got Denali at 168 and Shovels at 164

You could be right, but in my experiences with TC pics. Almost ALWAY'S the deer that I judge are 10" to the lesser score. I hope they are as big as what you say. Either way, they are beautiful mature bucks and definitely wall material. I would rather guess to low on score and my numbers are just estimates. When the velvet comes off, it will be a little easier to score them. Hope you can put the smack down on one of them and then we'll know.