Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I think we hooked at least one of every species of fish out there today lol.

Where is my killer catfish ? lmao

Was a great day to be out of the house and on the lake. Going to have to take that boat of yours on the local circuit next trip out. I will show you the honey holes for catfish and bass :)

Good thing I had a long TOO shirt on for that pic lol. Could have thought I was a plumber if not lol.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Caught these two this morning in the neighbors pond. Love the Spro Frog!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No pics to prove it, but Kody caught his first trout today. We got lucky and got him in the net before he spit out the hook. A nice 16 incher that we were able to release without killing.

It was caught at a Mingo Sportsman pond that was stocked for a kids fishing tournament the day before. A lot of the trout were gone but he found at least one left.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Damn Chad, that's a heck of a red ear!

Awesome pics fellas! :smiley_coolpeace:

She has caught it twice this year, it is probably 3" thick.....it is on a bed right now with the bluegills and she dropped a crawler in the bed and made it mad.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Caught these two this morning in the neighbors pond. Love the Spro Frog!

Frogs are money, dude. My favorite bass bait of all-time... by far. If you like the Spro frogs, keep your eyes open for a River2Sea Bully Wa. http://www.river2seausa.com/t/bullywa.html I think they're just a bit softer than the Spro (easier hook-up) and have a better action. You can 'walk-the-dog' like a mofo with a bully wa.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good job everyone! I love seeing these pics - especially since I haven't even had my boat wet yet! We did sneak off and catch a few crappies yesterday evening though.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Was a great day to be out of the house and on the lake. Going to have to take that boat of yours on the local circuit next trip out. I will show you the honey holes for catfish and bass

thinkin about taking a quick cat nap and trying the cats tonight. after all that rain, they will be up in the mouths of the channels for sure.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Took the day off to fish with my dad (old scout). We didn't catch a whole lot (2 each) but it was relaxing and still a good time. The dang wind blew us all over the lake. Lol

Loaded up and ready to go.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336759818.041520.jpg

Views of the lake. It's kind of in 3 parts separated by cattails. You have to navigate through narrow channels of cattails to get from section to section. It's not the best lake on the Mingo Sportsman Club property, but I had a hunch it would work well with the windy conditions. I guess I was wrong.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336759843.722645.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336759883.808759.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336759897.324745.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336759911.494018.jpg

The first catch of the day.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336759998.242865.jpg

The second and third catches of the day.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336760023.462509.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336760034.139089.jpg

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats Mike too you and your dad.... Looks like sme clear ass water though.... Not real conducive on sneaking in on them lol...