Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Turkey Harvests - 2014

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Please use this thread for all birds being submitted for the 2014 "The Ohio Outdoors" Turkey Hunting contest.

For all entries, please include the following:

Team Name
Hunter Name
For "buddy birds" the Caller Name and Callers Team Name
Beard Lengths
Spur Lengths
State of harvest
Picture of the Hunter with the bird and legal tag
Picture of each beard and spur measurement
If a "buddy bird", please include a picture of the caller

To earn youth/new hunter bonus points, please simply post a picture from the hunt.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Team 10 youth bonus. Here's Kody looking over the decoy as one was gobbling over the hill.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397918484.631562.jpg

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Things didn't start out great bit finished good . I started the morning setup on some birds that generally roost on property I can't hunt but I can hunt right across the county rd. They normally walk parallel to the rd within10 yds of it so I setup a strutter and hen hoping to pull em across . Long story short they weren't all there and the ones that were stayed back . So at 7 I grabbed my stuff and jumped in the car to go to another property
On my way to my destination I drove by another place I could hunt . A week ago there were 3 longbeatds here but since then I'd listened twice and there'd only been jakes. As I drove by I saw the 6 jakes then saw a bird pop into strut that looked to have a full fan . A quick bino check showed at least one longbeard so i turned around and went and parked out of sight and quickly grabbed my vest and gun to try and cut them off . I had to wade a sizable creek but luckily the creek was there as it gave me cover to cut them off . Once I got ahead of them I peeked over the bank and saw I was in pretty good shape even tho I wasn't directly in their line of travel . I called and watched 2 longbeards throw their heads out and gobble150 yds away . They were going to pass me at about 40-45 yds . I let the jakes go thru and waited . Here came the longbeards thru the field exactly where the jakes walked . I would have liked em to be closer but they were in range . I tried picking the biggest one and slowly put the gun on em . Of course they saw my slight movement and perked their heads up . I lined up and pulled the trigger leveling him . I was fortunate to have the creek bed to follow otherwise I dunno if I could of cut them off .

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Team 3 Youth Bonus points. It was slow today with only hens and a Jake and almost gobbling. So I snapped a picture of my grandson sleeping. He wasn't too happy when I told him but hey what's grandpa's for?