Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ohio turkey season 2011

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Turkey hunting is gay... :smiley_clap:

I'll be doing the same shit I do every year in Washington County. Get geared up to go, go twice, and spend both outings scouting for deer, shed hunting, mushroom hunting, and napping. Turkey hunting sucks. How long until I can kill deer?!?

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I am gonna be hunting all over Coshocton with friends.... That what I really enjoy about turkey hunting... I also will be trying to pull in a gobbler for my dad... I use slate only... Tried the mouth calls for a couple years with no luck and last year brought two long beards in with a slate... So I am stickin with that... I am pretty rough on them, I scratch and pound the crap out of them, but they can get the sound way out... I am a run and gunner, but I also plan to try and shoot one with a bow from inside the blind...

twireman

Kingston, OH
Pike and Ross county for me.... I run and gun if I can't get em' off the roost. I've tried and tried to sit in a blind w/ my bow but I just cannot stand sitting there. I like to make it happen. I use H.S. strut mouth calls and a custom made glass call I've had around 10 years. I pack a couple decoys w/ me but rarely do I use them. I try to use the terrain to my advantage so when I actually can see em' its game over.

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
Pike and Ross county for me.... I run and gun if I can't get em' off the roost. I've tried and tried to sit in a blind w/ my bow but I just cannot stand sitting there. I like to make it happen. I use H.S. strut mouth calls and a custom made glass call I've had around 10 years. I pack a couple decoys w/ me but rarely do I use them. I try to use the terrain to my advantage so when I actually can see em' its game over.

I use to be like that too! Until I noticed not everyday turkeys gobble. Running and gunning on days where they aren't gobbling much proved to me I spook more birds than I shoot. I have learned over my 15-17 years of turkey hunting that patience kills turkeys more than anything else. When you want to get up, wait another 20 minutes.

snapper1982

licking, perry, muskingum, adams, vinton,athens,morgan, hocking and noble counties and what ever call the particular birds want to hear..