Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Operation coyote necktie.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good deal
Can't figure out what to put down in the hole. I don't want to go and buy some trapping food bait for one set; but I don't want to just cram some meat down there either as that's a sure way to plug a trap with Coons and opossums.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Can't figure out what to put down in the hole. I don't want to go and buy some trapping food bait for one set; but I don't want to just cram some meat down there either as that's a sure way to plug a trap with Coons and opossums.
Pretty much anything you stick down a dirthole for yote bait will attract possum and coon. There's a cold front coming so that will keep the coon and possum from running much.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nada today. Yesterday as I was carrying that yote across the field a guy pulled off the road and waited for me. Turns out he has the farm three farms down. He told me he lost a calf and took it back to his woods and I was welcome to trap if I want. I went over and drug the calf into a small open spot inside the woods. It's only about 15 yards wide which is perfect. I set three snares on the access trails to the open spot . Come on cold weather.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Hell ya, Joe! I'm going to open my snares back up and set a couple footholds tomorrow. Calling for 2-4" of snow tonight and another inch tomorrow.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nada today. Yesterday as I was carrying that yote across the field a guy pulled off the road and waited for me. Turns out he has the farm three farms down. He told me he lost a calf and took it back to his woods and I was welcome to trap if I want. I went over and drug the calf into a small open spot inside the woods. It's only about 15 yards wide which is perfect. I set three snares on the access trails to the open spot . Come on cold weather.
Sounds like a slam dunk! Nice!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Snagged a nice blond male today.

Well fuck. Must have nicked the heart.