Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Operation Urban Warfare

Huckleberry Finn

Sittin at my computer and dad goes "get the gun" ... 2 rounds of #4 into a skunk at 30 yards down the back country road (he was on the shoulder). Rolled him and hit him again before he got into the wheat.

And they say "no body, you didn't kill him"

WTF? No love

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
About 2 years ago I get a phone call from the dude across the street that they have a raccoon on their porch acting funny. He doesn't even own a gun so he asks if I'll take care if it (it's like 5am and still pitch dark)
I grab the 20 gauge single shot and two shells just in case. When I get there the coon is backed up against their front door hissing and stumbling around. I've never seen a rabid animal but this one had some issue.

I shove it off the porch with the butt of my gun and get it into the yard so I can shoot it. At point blank range I pull the trigger and shit flies everywhere. I said, "woah! Did you see his brains?"
My neighbor says, "are you sure you hit him?"

"yeah I'm sure, I saw stuff fly."

He asks, "whys he still moving?"

I reply, "nerves".

Neighbor says, "he's walking away."

Me, "holy shit! I must've missed. "

Luckily I had the extra shell and the second shot was money. Lmao!

My first shot hit the ground and the brains I saw was dirt flying. Ha ha ha!

That's my urban warfare story. My neighbor has not let me live that one down for two reasons.
1. Missing at point blank
2. Putting a hole in his front yard.

Huckleberry Finn

Caught two young raccoons in the same box trap last night! They got the lead...that leaves 1 little one and momma left. And we've killed 2 skunks yet.

I keep thinking about rolling that skunk last week, and damn it if it didn't feel good to pull that gun up and just blast something. And yes, Joe, I flipped that out-of-place, right-by-the-trigger 870 safety off as I did it...one fluid motion! I love when it's been months since I've shot and I shoulder that gun and whack something in a one split second...when you know a gun, it's the best feeling in the world.