Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Parachute Cord Grip Installation

I didn't care for the high wrist grip that came with my Fleetwood Knight recurve, so I removed it. Now, all I need is some sort of wrap that wouldn't be slippery, yet not sticky like tape and that's when I had the idea to use parachute cord. Walmart had some camo parachute cord that looked good, so I gave it a shot.

It was easy to apply and looks pretty good too. The knot is cinched off with dental floss and melted together with a lighter, so it won't come untied.
It'll be warm in the colder months, not slippery for gloved hands and it allows good hand position for shooting.

Cord Grip 2.jpg
Cord Grip 1.jpg

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Let me know when it goes up for sale, I've been interested in getting a recurve.

Bigslam51,
It's hard for me not to laugh, knowing my own "track record". However, using this "string walking" method of shooting has amazed me for the accuracy that I am achieving with this recurve. I've only been shooting this bow since this past Wednesday, when I purchased my arrows at 3 Rivers Archery.

After a shooting session of the first 30 minutes, I can hit a 2" target dot at 20 yards 5 out of 6 arrows...with the 6th arrow within a 1/4" of the dot. I was never able to attain this kind of accuracy in years past, without a silly amount of practice time.

I highly recommend anyone that has had reservations about shooting traditional bows, due to the lack of accuracy (compared to a compound) and try this method of shooting. It's explained in the video The Push - A Traditional Archery Film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E1vKkSSoNs

This video explains a lot of things and is very long, but the shooting methods are explained at 1 hour 15 seconds and the Fixed Crawl starts at 1 hour 5 minutes 41 seconds. It has been a game changer for me! :smiley_bril:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57