Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Poured foundation crack repair

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Not hunting related, but worthy of mentioning. I'm currently working on a crack and I'm waiting for the epoxy to cure.

This method is for poured concrete walls only.
http://www.emecole.net/videos/crack-injection-pro.php

I've done over 120 feet of cracks in basement over three years and it just works. I've saved thousands upon thousands of dollars using this method and all leaks have stopped. I live in a part of Northwest Ohio where the soil is clay and this problem is inevitable. I hope some of you can benefit from this post.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nice.. Looks simple enough. What does one charge for a service like this?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
If you hire a contractor, it'll be around $25 per foot or more. I'm doing it myself for about $11 a foot. The large kit is $659 for 60' of crack. You can order extra material when needed.

rrr

Oh but its more fun to dig out the foundation with a hoe, jack the whole thing up, replace blocks, parge it all, paint both sides with that nasty crap, and then fill it back in...

One of the coolest things I've ever seen is that on the inside of a very old (100+) basement that was seeping/cracked was painting latex roofing material on the walls. My buddy, who used to be a commercial roofer, bought this crap from his boss for a song (extras from jobs over time) and did his basement with it. Pretty cool and works well! (He just said that he got high as shit doing it).

Capt