Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Preferred hang on stand

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Yeah I'm curious to know how the Lone Wolf compares to the Millennium as far as packability comfort and setup
From what I've heard the lone wolf is easier to setup, probably because overall it's a smaller stand, no backrest, and small seat. I can't comment on that first hand though, don't own a lone wolf and never will. With the setup Jesse and I have on our M100U packability is great. I used mine for the first time last weekend, it worked out great. If you do get the M100U and plan on using it for a mobile setup I suggest you outfit it with the molle frame like we have.

joejoe8

I like my LW Alpha's. Solid and quiet. No, it's not as comfy as a Millie but I have not trouble going dark to dark in them. I also have a couple Muddy hang ons I like as well. I will buy a Millie for my next stand though.

Pretty much the same for me, I love my LW Alpha's. But I do like the modification some are doing the Millennium's. Haven't found many tree's my Lw want hang in, an some have been crazy.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a Millennium. My setup is similar to Bigslam's setup minus the Molle pack. I have some straps on it. THey dig into my shoulders. I don't care. I only pack it 1/2 mile each way on the longest setups. In a larger tree the chain mount can be a bit of a pain to reach around and get it secured. Takes a little practice to get smooth. Once setup, man is it nice. The Millennium does seem a bit heavy but maybe the newer models are lighter. Might just seem heavier because the platform is long. Awkward might be a better word than heavy. I think it is under 20lbs. Somewhere in the 14-18lb range.

I think ideally, a guy would have set up the chain brackets pre-season. This way you just hang your sticks, climb, pull up the stand, place in receiver, and mount the lower strap. Last week I went 100% mobile. Slid in. Scouted for the best tree. Hung it blind. That wasn't my best idea. Having the bracket hung already would have saved me much effort. Prior to next season I will have a bracket in the tree already.

Never hunted in LW, Muddy, or Leverage for mobile set ups.

Last edited:

jeremy44230

Medina County
I have several el'cheapo dicks stands that I leave out. No pads on seats, not comfortable..... I go mobile with a Muddy Outfitter with muddy sticks carried with molle straps (so comfy). I also go mobile with a summit climber.

Crowell392

I decided to pick up a Millennium g60u and I think that I'm going to really like this stand. Thanks for the suggestions

Crowell392

No this one is normal size and weight is around 13 lbs. The one you're thinking of is a m7micro lite or something like that