Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Presidents' Day Hunt

Renovator

IMG_8168.jpgIMG_8174.jpgAlly.jpg

Met up with a couple friends that I rabbit hunt with once a year, had breakfast at Bob Evans, headed south on 77, got off at route 800. Dropped the tailgate at about 9:30, two minutes in, the girls were on one. Short circle right to me. I hit the rabbit, it got up and took off. My friend finished it on the second circle about 20 minutes later. We had two short runs, two medium runs, and two long runs. We jumped six rabbits today, and put six in the game bag. The dogs did well. We took a couple breaks, to water them and cool down, but I decided to call it quits at about 2:00. As you can see from the GPS track picture, every time we kept going into this one area, we would jump a rabbit. Another great day in the field. If it was a little cooler, we would have limited out. Dirty South, I crossed over an area that said Bolivar dam in Magnolia. Is this the area where you're talking about hitting Saturday? I think with the warm temperatures we should meet at 8:00 AM if that works for everyone.

dirtysouth36

8 am sounds good to me. Weather said its suppose to cool off toward the weekend. No the place im talking about is right outside bolivar. Take 77 south to the bolivar st rt 212 exit and make a right. Gas station is right by the exit. 330 407 5062 text me if you need anymore info