Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Raven

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Anyone own one? A friend of mine bought one last week and killed a nice buck on Letterkenny Army Depot last week. Of course the weapon had nothing to do with him killing a nice buck. He's a pretty darn good deer hunter and gets a biggen just about every year. He shot it at 25 yards and said the arrow flew through the deer so fast that there wasn't any blood on it.

I have to be honest, if I were to ever buy a string gun this would be the one I'd get. It's light weight, compact, and performs as advertised. The only down side is the price. That said, I'll bet that in the coming years other companies are going to copy the design which should bring the price down.

tpierce

Check out the Mission Sub-1. I have an Excalibur Matrix 355 that I love, but if the time comes to pick-up another crossbow, I'll buy the Sub-1. Same price as the Ravin, but I think better engineered and it can be decocked with the push of a button. Carzy accurate crossbow.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
A good buddy of mine has one and loves it . I don't know much about crossbows , but he has nothing but good things to say

Bankfish

A buddy of mine in Pa had his Ravin blow up while discharging it after a hunt. Said it was a brand new bolt and broadhead. Just bought the setup in August, I believe. Tore his hand apart. Waiting on the second surgery. Not sure if he'll be able to use all his digits. He's been in touch with the company. Not sure what is going to happen.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I bought a Parker Tornado Crossbow that shoots 330 fps. After shooting it, I said; How much more before they start flying apart? Now they are over 400 fps. That is a lot of pressure to hold back for a long period of time.

Sorry to hear about your buddy. What model Ravin was it?

Bankfish

I bought a Parker Tornado Crossbow that shoots 330 fps. After shooting it, I said; How much more before they start flying apart? Now they are over 400 fps. That is a lot of pressure to hold back for a long period of time.

Sorry to hear about your buddy. What model Ravin was it?
I believe he said it was R-15. I'd have to go back and look at texts.