Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scent Control 101

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I just ditched the all the storage totes and bought a portable closet. Now I can see what the hell I have. I'll wash clothes and gear as needed and they'll end up in my mobile tote.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
All of my stuff has been hung up in my smoke cabinet since last year. Ill be washing it all this weekend while Im cleaning out the garage. Once the garage is clean Ill smoke everything that will go to the stand. Im kind of iffy on smoke my Pistol though. Not so sure I want that smoke residue binding things up. The inside of my smoke cabinet is sticky, don't want that on my gun. Thoughts?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
All of my stuff has been hung up in my smoke cabinet since last year. Ill be washing it all this weekend while Im cleaning out the garage. Once the garage is clean Ill smoke everything that will go to the stand. Im kind of iffy on smoke my Pistol though. Not so sure I want that smoke residue binding things up. The inside of my smoke cabinet is sticky, don't want that on my gun. Thoughts?

I'd say with it oiled up it wouldn't be an issue.... But when in doubt do an experiment and put a few mags thru it to see....

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
LOL I have had this gun for a few weeks now and haven't even fired it yet. Im itching to though. I might run a few through it this weekend.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I washed mine hunting clothes twice last week. Its in the cabinet all smoked up.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am full bore in the process of washing. I realize every year about this time (generally a few weeks earlier), man do I have a lot of hunting gear to wash! Might need to start thinning out the stuff I wash once a year and never wear.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not everyone can hide behind a number 2 pencil! [emoji23]
C'mon dude. A number 2 pencil? Not even believable. Now if you'd said a yardstick, I might have believed you. Lmao

Not all of us fit in Oscar the Grouch's trash can.