Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Seasoning Cast Iron Cookware.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You won't regret it, man. We lucked out in that it was only about $400 to have a line run.

The only thing I don't care for in our setup is I bought an all gas range. I've learned since then that duel fuel is better for baking. If you don't use air bake pans or double up your regular pans it's easy to burn the bottom of whatever is on your baking sheets.

That my goal. Gas top and electric convection ovens. Probably go with a counter mount top and then two built in stacked ovens off to the side.

Jamie

Ohio
after cooking with gas for a number of years now (I went from a glass cooktop, which I hated, to gas), I would never choose anything else. never had any issue with burning the bottom of stuff with our gas oven, which has convection also. don't think I'd ever own another oven that didn't have convection. added bonus with gas range is that you can still use it when the power is out. just have to light by hand. I do wish we had a place to put two wall ovens.

Blan37

SW Ohio
Mine is convection too. Not sure why it burns stuff (even with convection on). It wasn't on the cheaper end of the gas stove spectrum, though, so that probably has something to do with it.

Reactions: Jamie

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
after cooking with gas for a number of years now (I went from a glass cooktop, which I hated, to gas), I would never choose anything else. never had any issue with burning the bottom of stuff with our gas oven, which has convection also. don't think I'd ever own another oven that didn't have convection. added bonus with gas range is that you can still use it when the power is out. just have to light by hand. I do wish we had a place to put two wall ovens.
I grew up with a gas stove. But I’ve had electric since getting out of college. I truly long for the day I get to cook with a gas stove again. I absolutely HATE cooking on electric.

Blan37

SW Ohio
Mine is convection too. Not sure why it burns stuff (even with convection on). It wasn't on the cheaper end of the gas stove spectrum, though, so that probably has something to do with it.

That should have read it *was* on the cheaper end

Reactions: "J"

Buckmaster

Portage
...so the bottom line....we’re all gas fans! It has the most control and works the best. I’ll learn to live without my yearning as I have an all electric home, with no gas options, 1300 feet deep in the woods. Perhaps when I move into my nursing home they will have gas stoves.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
All I need to do is put a T in the line that's in my workshop, stem through the wall and use a "stylish" industrial hanger to run 20' of line, then stem up through the floor and I'm there. Nothing crazy, but I'd want to hire it out for liability and safety sake. I'd probably pay to have another 10' installed so I had a tap in the garage for a wall mount. That would be a nice add to our place.

Jesse, once all this covid shot blows over, let's hook up on a weekend. I've got all the tools and the experience. I'm working 4-10s now and could make it down on a Friday.

Jamie

Ohio
...so the bottom line....we’re all gas fans! It has the most control and works the best. I’ll learn to live without my yearning as I have an all electric home, with no gas options, 1300 feet deep in the woods. Perhaps when I move into my nursing home they will have gas stoves.

why can't you get propane? I wish we had natural gas here, but propane is fine.

Reactions: jagermeister

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Looks like I got some work to do lol.
IMG_20220918_131624924.jpg