Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shit Jobs.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Started working on a farm when I was 12. $3.50 an hour. Pulling weeds. Worked my way up to cleaning horse stalls for $5.00 an hour until I was 16-17. Loved working around horses.

Reactions: Mike

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I've cleaned horse stalls, put roofs on in 100° heat, did concrete work for a couple weeks until I showed up wreaking of alcohol [emoji23], fixed unloaders in the big blue silos you see on some farms in Ohio. Probably the shittiest, but most rewarding at the same time was when I was a state tested nurses aide, had to wipe the occasional ass and clean up shit, but that wasn't the entire job detail, not a job for most people. I've cleaned up a few dead bodies, and that was pretty shitty.

Reactions: Mike and Dustinb80
We had a small farm growing up with plenty of chickens, rabbits (for meat), pigs and two beef cows. The chickens were the worst, especially after winter having them closed in.

As I got older I would say the one job that had it's good moments and it's shit moments was when I used to catch shoplifters. I worked at a few places in the metro-Detroit and downtown Detroit area. I got banged up a few times, sprayed with pepper spray, bit on the forearm and almost stabbed with a screw driver. Still enjoyed the sneak though and spotting someone going through the motions trying to steal something. The worst time was when a coworker and I had a guy conceal 3 cartons of cigarettes. We brought him back into the room and suddenly he went nuts. Tried going for his pocket on his coat, coworker grabbed that arm and him and I wrestled the guy down with me putting cuffs on him. Ended up having several syringes in that pocket with no caps on them. His only comment was we 'woulda been hurtin' if he 'got em out'.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Worst job I ever had was working on a pheasant farm. Birds stunk to high hell and pens were nothing but mud. Had to go in and round up eggs to take back to clean up and either package for eating or put in incubators. Did that job for a week and I had enough of that lol.

Reactions: Mike and Dustinb80

angelzd28

Worked 2 summers at Belden Brick in college for $8/hr. You know how many bricks they load on a hand cart??? 750 that's how many. You know how many I had to clean up every time one of those carts busted a wheel in the drier, yep you guessed it 750, with a 5 gallon bucket, in 150 - 200 degree heat, while the foreman watched from the tunnel entrance with a flashlight. Fuggg that job. I also got to sweep in between the kilns which get up over 2,000 degrees, nope nope nope.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I would have to say the shittiest job I ever had was running a huge steel shot blaster at my current job, you load diesel engine blocks and heads in the blaster and then when they come out all the dust and other junk comes roaring out of the machine. you go home black as coal and blowing nasty shit out of your nose all night. As a lot of the other guys said baling hay would run a close 2nd, all the scratches up your forearms and sunburns sucked

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I would have to say the shittiest job I ever had was running a huge steel shot blaster at my current job, you load diesel engine blocks and heads in the blaster and then when they come out all the dust and other junk comes roaring out of the machine. you go home black as coal and blowing nasty shit out of your nose all night. As a lot of the other guys said baling hay would run a close 2nd, all the scratches up your forearms and sunburns sucked

I think a respirator would be an addition to that job lol...

Reactions: buckbuster217