Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Someone has scored...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Upper right corner looks like a beaver that needs a slight trim job...

Reactions: Mike

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
C034CC80-0AE6-4B23-8BD6-F6A3787AB5F8.jpeg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Twas I, fellas! What a bad ass hunt! We roosted these loud mouthed birds last night and planned a perfect setup. They roosted off a point across the gas line from the field we were in. There's a well worn trail leading from the finger of the field to the gas line and we knew the ambush was going to be killer. The birds started hammering about 6am and they were close. Once they flew down we heard a hen and some Jake's a bit farther back in the woods so we got a little aggressive on the calls since it sounded like they were going towards them. About 5 minutes later they gobbled again and it was apparent that they liked the squatch talk. My buddy spotted them coming down the hill in the woods heading for the gas line. Once they hit the trail leading to the field we were in it looked like they got nervous, a little purring on the double sider shut that bs down and they came right in to the decoys. Shot him at about 8 yards, closest shot I've taken on a turkey. A lot of memories made on this hunt for sure! Should of had a double but I got nervous that the bird I shot might make it to the gas line and fly off the hill so I took off after him. Thanks Corey for taking me on your spot!

Attachments

• IMG_20180423_070045481_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180423_070045481_HDR.jpg
    851.6 KB · Views: 286