Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Steve's 2017 Trapping Thread

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Shoulders were rubbed and this is the 2nd female that had bite marks on her ass.

I just don't understand it. Normally it is my girlfriend (and women in general) chewing on my ass! Not the other way around.
Breeding season, that's what the males do to get the females moving.

First one in the snow this morning. Pretty cool. Wish there was a simple way to post videos.

Steve

IMG_0087.jpgIMG_0087.jpg

Hebron has been more productive than Marysville but is actually much smaller. I have about 100 acres at Hebron but only about 15 acres of woods and brush. It is completely surrounded by farmland as well. I have caught 8 there so far this year.

Marysville is close to 400 acres with about 100 acres of woods. What appears to be much better habitat, but I honestly see far less sign. In fact, I was considering pulling the snares until I picked up the female there yesterday and the male today. I personally think they travel further than expected and vacate areas at times based on food sources. Then rotate back through.

I will say it sucks driving to both places, but that is a pretty nice cup. lol I do have to pull everything Friday. Heading to Florida for a week then with baseball and fastpitch season starting work will get crazy busy.