Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Summer Shoot Food Thread

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thought it would make sense to split out the menu planning from the general banter surrounding the summer shoot. Beener, I think the way it worked last year is perfect. If we get a bunch of us there on Thursday, we do pizza. Beener cooks whatever night he wishes to and we have a pot luck the other night. Safe to say there is another shortage of food! Most of us have been through this, so we know how to prepare, but if you're new this year, speak up as to what to bring and we'll point you in a good direction.

Dan - I will supply the eggs for sammiches this year. Having you on breakfast sammich duty is clutch, so I'll bring the eggs and help man the station this year.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
You all just need to decide what you want on my end. You all have always covered cost but once and that was close, so I am not worried about that end.

I will do 2 meats and 2 sides.

Meats:

Turkey breasts
Brisket
Pork belly
Pulled pork
Ribs (costs more)
Sausage
Chicken wings
Whole chickens
Whole hog

Sides:

Mac-n-cheese
Baked Beans
Cole slaw
Nacho dip
Veggies
Cheesy potatoes

We have plenty of time but the sooner we decide I can start looking for bulk deals.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
You all just need to decide what you want on my end. You all have always covered cost but once and that was close, so I am not worried about that end.

I will do 2 meats and 2 sides.

Meats:

Turkey breasts
Brisket
Pork belly
Pulled pork
Ribs (costs more)
Sausage
Chicken wings
Whole chickens
Whole hog

Sides:

Mac-n-cheese
Baked Beans
Cole slaw
Nacho dip
Veggies
Cheesy potatoes

We have plenty of time but the sooner we decide I can start looking for bulk deals.

I like the sound of that

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Brisket and pork belly are as good as it gets IMO. Baked beans and coleslaw make the perfect fixings for kickass BBQ also. That's my vote.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I wouldn't mind trying something different this time, maybe pulled pork and sausage? Definitely require more of that Mac and cheese!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll bring some Sandusky bay swamp frog legs again.

Anything beener prepares is good with me. Dude can cook!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Let's say this Beener: We all know your food rocks and there'll be 20 different suggestions, so you cook what you enjoy cooking and we'll do the eating. Just tell us how much you need per man and where to send it! No matter the combos, it'll be awesome. Might as well defer to the chef and let you do what you enjoy!