Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Taxidermy

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
I've helped my buddy do it a few times. Its not that hard, But it is tedious. Fletching the hyde can take some time if you don't have a power fletcher. The eyes and mouth seem to be the hard part. Good luck.

nis1

I've never used this kit but I have mounted some deer. It's not that difficult but it's a long process. I love mounting fish, they're simple...deer, not so much. It might be your thing though and it's a good learning experience!!

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
I've mounted one or two, if you run into any problems get ahold of me I be more than happy to answer any questions. Also if you live near Holmes county millersburg to be exact there is a supply house there.

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
items you need:
-Form
-Eye's
-Ear liners
-razor blades
-draw knife
-fleshing beam
-a degreaser relaxer,kemol 4
-(optional) a hide tumbler,cleans hide up
-instant preserve
-clay
-plaster
-black paint,and clear coat
-flesh tone wax
-hair sheen
-straight pins,and T pins
-1/2 round foam
-scissors
-hair pins
-bag stapler
-thin but sturdy cardboard,I use beer box ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think that's about it

Milo

Tatonka guide.
items you need:
-Form
-Eye's
-Ear liners
-razor blades
-draw knife
-fleshing beam
-a degreaser relaxer,kemol 4
-(optional) a hide tumbler,cleans hide up
-instant preserve
-clay
-plaster
-black paint,and clear coat
-flesh tone wax
-hair sheen
-straight pins,and T pins
-1/2 round foam
-scissors
-hair pins
-bag stapler
-thin but sturdy cardboard,I use beer box ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think that's about it
im betting the bold above is for your personal use...:pickle:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've mounted one or two, if you run into any problems get ahold of me I be more than happy to answer any questions. Also if you live near Holmes county millersburg to be exact there is a supply house there.

Hahaha! You are underselling yourself. IF. . . .I ever shoot another one you get to mount it.