Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 1

jeremy44230

Medina County
I could take a pic of the lousy 2" of penetration I got when I hit a front shoulder.... OR of the terribly light blood trail.....

Not sure how I could have done this! Had this doe around for 5 minutes, perfectly calm, milling around without a care in the world! 25 yard shot, broadside, just shot too far forward. BUMMER!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Yeah brother Jeremy, puttin' us on the board!

Ok, so I been slackin' on this thread, but they ain't much to tell - first weekend got skunked on Saturday, dawn to dusk. But I did get my blinds brushed in and set to go. Sun morning hit my small woods to squirrel hunt - normally covered up but no squirrels in range..had one doe blow thru the woods with her ass on fire...sounded like something chasing her but didn't see anything. Last weekend got sick and spent the whole weekend on my ass. But better now, looking forward to Strouds.

Need....fresh....venison....

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Had 5 doe come in on Monday's hunt, just didn't come in quite far enough. 50 yards is a long shot in the woods. Back at it either Friday afternoon or this weekend. Good luck Guys!

jeremy44230

Medina County
Good to hear your seeing them. I hunted this past Saturday evening with bow, no muzzy that weekend for me. Saw nothing. I think the others on the property pressured them a bit much!

I wanted to go out tonight but the wind looked like it was gonna move all around.

I'll be out this weekend a few times.

Good luck team #1!!!

jeremy44230

Medina County
Had the chance to get out tonight and couldn't pass it up. 2nd time here this season. This is where I killed my last 2 bucks the past 2 years.

Hoping to see a little movement tonight, fingers crossed.

Good luck to all others out tonight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413492519.304983.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413492533.169922.jpg

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Definitely looks like a good spot for killin'

I'm gonna try to hit it in the morning. Hopefully everything works out.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Friday morning I almost had an opportunity to kill a doe but two young bucks wouldn't let her stand still long enough. Dang kids!

Saturday afternoon hunted a spot that's a buck only farm. Land owner doesn't want does killed, thinks regs and coyotes are decimating the deer. Go figure. Anyway, took my daughter and we saw 5 does. No shot anyway but she was excited to see some deer.