Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 1

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Hey guys.... If it were not for bad luck, Id have none at all. Last time out, had 3 gobbling around me. Once they hit the ground they shut up. My buddy got us busted by moving because we heard one of them putting directly behind us and he saw the bird but couldnt get a shot . He was around 30 yds. Next time, we had a longbeard coming in on a string in full strut. The wind blew and a giant branch broke between us and him and it spooked him and he started putting. Shortly after, a hen took him the other way. I am going out before school again tomorrow. I will keep trying to persevere....

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I'm going back out in the morning. I keep finding so many shrooms now I'm giving them away. Found a wal mart bag and another half bag full today...

epe

Lancaster
I will take mushroom donations :) went out looking in the rain on public land and struck out.
I'm going back out in the morning. I keep finding so many shrooms now I'm giving them away. Found a wal mart bag and another half bag full today...

sent from my HTC evo

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Did'nt get to go today but I'm gonna hit it for a hour or two before work in the morning. Trying a place I have yet to hunt. I was in there twice before season and had toms come within shooting range both times. We'll see...

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Skunked again both mornings this weekend. I'm seeing them and within 75 yards of them on roost but they go the opposite way each time... Next week will hopefully be better since I will get evenings to hunt.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
We got my buddy jason a bird today. Killed it at 9:30. 11 inch beard and no spurs.... They were almost completely worn off. Never seen anything like it. Looked like somebody had taken a grinder to them. 23lbs

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Had 4 jakes and 1 big tom at 45 yards my buddy moved a little bit and scared the shit out of them and they hauled ass... Did find a tailgate full of yellows. Filled 2 bags and my sweater full.... Under one tree!!!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Had one at 15 yards this morning but he only had around a 10 inch beard so I let him go. See what tomorrow brings...

Mao

Coshocton, OH
hey guys...this has been the most frustrating season ever!!! had a long beard at 25 yds last night hammering to the thunder and couldnt get a shot because he wouldnt take 2 steps past the big briar bush in the road... set up on him this morning... he flew down 75 yds from my pretty boy/girl set up with a real jake tail and modified beard...he stood in full strut just looking at them at about 65-70 yds and gobbling his head off... then a hen flew down on the other side of him and he left with her.... must be a submissive gobbler.. iam gonna go sit near where i did last night again and hope he comes through in the same spot... good luck to the rest of you guys.... dont know how i could get much closer than i have to nailing one, but i will probably figure out a way!! good luck!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Could'nt take it anymore. I shot one this morning around 7:30. Snuck up on it. Did happen to snap a pic of him before I shot him. Nothing really to tell about the hunt. Just a spot and stalk. Not a big one but I'm happy to get one with just a few days left to hunt. Still trying to get the big one. This one had spurs less than an inch and a beard around 10 inches. I'll put the pics up here in a few days. We had a little over 4 inches of rain last night here in urbana. Got a little water in the basement so I'm trying to get that cleaned up. I'll be back at it in the morning... One more thing. I tagged it by the internet tonight and I gotta tell ya, that was a lot better than I thought it was gonna be. 2minutes and I was done...

Last edited: