Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 10

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm hoping the rage 2 blades I have will do the job, cause that's what the next one will get shot with if I get the opportunity.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've been going for head shots and today I just missed low a little. His head wasn't up so I'm suspecting I hit the breast since he was broadside.

I don't know, it's been frustrating and I doubt I'll go back out. Not frustrating from lack of action , but because of not bagging either bird. If I do go, I guess I'll take the gun. Just thought it would be really cool to get one with the bow.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Tough break Mike. I plan to be out next Saturday for my last attempt of the year. I still have a youth hunt to post. I was kind of hooing to get my older son out for one more try, but it just hasn't happened.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I killed one this morning. Had him, two other toms, two jakes and three hens all in range and I couldn't pass up today...lol

Schu72

Streetsboro
Had a few hens come in but no boys in tow. Went for a walk, heard one gobble. Called a few times to get a bead on him and of course he was across a very steep drainage. Tried to do a big circle but never heard him again. Walked to the back field and spotted a g obbler these Jake's and at least one hen. Wouldn't respond to any thing. Playing the waiting game now.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Lol Mike!... Don't worry to much about it. Its all about getting out and doing what we love to do. I'm still getting up at 4...lol

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Mike, head shots are nice because it's usually all or none. I suggest waiting till they turn their back though and either up the poop shoot at full strut or right in the middle of the back while walking. If broadside, above the wing and draw a line from the beard to the leg. The vitals are terribly small on a bird, so I prefer the back shots. But if you stick with the head shots, you have to use a head shot head, the guillotine or bullhead. Those blades give you a lot more room for error compared to a rage which you need to center punch to open... Next year man. Getting a bow bird is awesome!