Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 11 - Chasin' Tail

Just checkin in and lettin my team know I will be participating whole hog.

Just a little about myself for starters. I am 59 years old and have chased some type of critter since I was a kid. Started archery hunting about 8 years ago. I am slightly physically challenged and hunt with a crossbow. I own a small plot of land that I do nearly all of my deer hunting on. Only 10 acres in size but in a prime location and some nice bucks pass through every season. At this time I have a wide 11 point picked as my target buck, wish me luck.

I'll throw out the name Rack Attack.

old hunter

I too am just checking in. I have been bow hunting over 40 years. I am retired and hunt & fish allot. I shoot a Hoyt CRX32. Have several cameras out,have a few pics.of some nice bucks,over mineral licks. Now for the bad news, I am Kaiser's neighber. I will take all the sympahty I can get on that one. We are going to kick his butt !!! Rack Attack is fine with me

Last edited:
Checking in...My name is Nick I am 32 been only been deer hunting a few years..I have yet to get my 1st kill(sorry to handicap ya)..But I will let ya know i dont I'm a homo dally around..I have put alot of time in the woods just have not connected...Im self taught for the most part..

Idea for names
Fear the beard(we all grow beards)(if we are all capable)
If not we can all chip in an buy ya a ZZ top type beard but ya gotta wear it all seasonrotflmao

Funny you bring up beards. Myself and a couple guys I deer hunted with in the seventies used to start growing a beard on Aug. 1 and rule was you couldn't shave until you took your buck. I had a beard one time for over three years. When I finally got my buck I didn't shave and wore a beard for over 30 years.

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Hey guys, my name is also Nick and I am 27. I have been archery hunting for over 10 years now. I shoot a Hoyt Alphamax 35 and love it. I just moved to Ohio and luckily have a nice piece of property to hunt on. I also hunt in New York on my parents property. I have killed a couple decent buck the last few years and am hoping to do the same this year for the contest! I haven't gotten any huge monsters on camera this season but have a few deer in the 120-130 range that I am hope I get a crack at. I look forward to sharing stories and with you guys this year. I have a roscoby riser cam on my bow and will post videos of my hunt if you guys are interested. (I missed a nice 8 last season and it's on youtube called roscoby riser cam big buck miss). I should have shot a little sooner because I hit a branch at 17 yards and I have had a chip on my shoulder ever since lol. If you watch the video I had to shoot between my tree that Y's and I hit my arrow against the tree. So, when you hear the noise don't be like wtf was that. I was really not planning on shooting through there and its my own fault for not clipping the branch he stepped infront of. Anyway, I like all the names but my job won't allow me to grow a bread! Either name is good with my but I do like Rack Attack.

Last edited:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hey guys, I'm Mike. I've been hunting just about my whole life (I'm 38 now). About all I can gurantee is youth points. I'll be out most of the early days with my two boys, Kody and Klay (9 and 11) trying to get them to connect with their crossbows. Then I'll have the PSE Super G in my hands any other day. I try not to miss too many days in the woods, so rest assured I'll be busting my ass!
Good luck fellas!!!

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
It seems like we have a dedicated team here. Guys win or lose this thing I'm looking forward to a great season and getting to know everyone here. I also wanted to add that I live in Cleveland. Anyone live close to me?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yeah, my mind is always in the gutter. Lol

Chasin' Tail will look good on the thread title. If anyone objects, I won't get mad. I'm easy going. ;)

On a crappy note, my dad went to check cams today while I was at work (busy weekend). Nothing but does and one small buck. Damn!

I did, however, catch sight of two bucks that, from what I could tell, could push above 150" yesterday evening in a field I can hunt. It's the second time I've seen them and I'm pretty sure I've got them located where they enter the field.

We shall see...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think "Two Nicks, Two Dicks, and one old Hunter" would work for your name. Just saying. Cotty- I couldn't help myself. I am loving the trash talking part of this. Pretty much means I am getting skunked this year though. hahahaha

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I think "Two Nicks, Two Dicks, and one old Hunter" would work for your name. Just saying. Cotty- I couldn't help myself. I am loving the trash talking part of this. Pretty much means I am getting skunked this year though. hahahaha

Now that there is some funny shit! lmao