Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 11 - The GoodFellas

rsmith

Sounds good. Its nice to see a college kid nowadays that isn't looking for a handout. Way to be, good luck.
My parents are both well off, both make 6 figures a year, mom drives a 2013 Cadillac CTS Premium and my dad drives a 2013 Impala. My parents both busted there butts to get where they're at and make sure that my brothers and I do the same. My parents help me out with cosigning for a loan for my truck but I paided for all my vehicles myself along with my schooling. People always say your rich, why are you driving a 12 year old truck when they pull up to our hours because it's huge, a little under 6000 square feet, and I say no my parents are well off and I drive my 12 year old truck because I pay for it myself along with my schooling. I am mad at times because some of my friend get everything handed to them, new truck lifted with 20 inch wheels and 35 inch tires, schooling paid for, and money out into there account every week to spend on whatever they want; but they don't know the meaning of a dollar or to have to work hard to get what you want and I commend my parents for turning me into who I am today.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
What those guys said. I came from a similar background (rural money ain't city money though) and my dad made me work for what I had. I heard the same shit about being "rich" (again, relative to our area and the time), but I was rarely handed anything. Part of why I didn't play sports in college was because I had to have a job. Dad was willing to help with school, but he wasn't paying for me to live on top of tuition. Same thing when I was home on break: better have a job. Knowing the value of a dollar and what hard work really is will serve you really well in the future. Keep on hammering.

rsmith

Thanks for the good words guys. This takes a lot out of a person trying to go to school full time, work 32 hours a week, make time for my girlfriend of 4 years now, workout, hunt, shoot my bow, and do family stuff but it's teaching me time managment and maximizing my days so it's all good.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thanks for the good words guys. This takes a lot out of a person trying to go to school full time, work 32 hours a week, make time for my girlfriend of 4 years now, workout, hunt, shoot my bow, and do family stuff but it's teaching me time managment and maximizing my days so it's all good.
It doesn't get better, you just allocate hours to different things. I'm at it from 7AM to 9PM every day. Yes I make time for leisure, but there's seldom a day I'm not busy doing something. That's life and learning time management now will be a big help some day.

rsmith

It doesn't get better, you just allocate hours to different things. I'm at it from 7AM to 9PM every day. Yes I make time for leisure, but there's seldom a day I'm not busy doing something. That's life and learning time management now will be a big help some day.
That's what my dad keeps telling me. Just learn to keep moving foward and adjusting to the changes in your life.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
He is. At times we butt heads over things but it's because we are so similar I think. People say I'm just kike him and I hope I am because I do look up to my dad.
I know that path buddy. Keep it on the straight and narrow and when you're my age (34) you'll be on your way to being a productive contributor to this crazy world we live in. Our dad's are our best resources when they choose to be and we got good ones.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Congrats jake, I havent been on for a while, thought I would just give an update. Hunted morning and evening for 17 days saw 5-10 two year olds, lots of 1 year olds and slick heads, 1 big boy. Nothing dead yet, with season pretty much halfway over lets hope the second half holds more success than the first. I have really enjoyed hunting this year, heard tons of vocalizations and seen a bunch of interactions between deer. Not having much experience hunting late season for a buck it should be interesting. Hopefully I will have some luck on my side and can get us some points.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Keep at it buddy. The harsh of the winter is a good time to catch a big boy on his feet browsing for some food in thickets. Good luck man!