Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #12 - Silent Assassins

tritonbill

NE Ohio
Hello Team ! I am out hunting through Sunday! Quiet morning in the stand so far. Drizzle drizzle going on.... Its not holding the squirrels back!!

tritonbill

NE Ohio
Wow today was brutal! Sat until 11am this morNing and saw nada. We drove about 140 miles round trip to zanesville and saw a total of 1 doe and a fawn where normally we would see a bunch in the fields. Tonight I sat more in the rain and saw nothing! Great start to my vacation!

Schu72

Streetsboro
Wow today was brutal! Sat until 11am this morNing and saw nada. We drove about 140 miles round trip to zanesville and saw a total of 1 doe and a fawn where normally we would see a bunch in the fields. Tonight I sat more in the rain and saw nothing! Great start to my vacation!

Well it can only get better from here.

saddlepants

central Ohio
All I had to look at ...and make me hook on my release...twice...and then start shakin from the cold...was a large button...and a husky....oh and the two white rear ends I jumped walking out....late again.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Going to go out after that bigger buck on Sunday when nobody is at the Quarry and its quiet. wanna cross the river but with that hole in my boots I cant dammit. Dont want to have to sit with wet feet.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Going to go out after that bigger buck on Sunday when nobody is at the Quarry and its quiet. wanna cross the river but with that hole in my boots I cant dammit. Dont want to have to sit with wet feet.

Take two garbage bags with you. Step into them on the bank and walk across. Leave them there for the return trip. I think J'lope gave me this tip a year or two ago.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Providing they dont leak and ruin my night or I guess the other thought would be to take sandals or some other stupid shoe and change into warm socks with toe warmers after crossing