Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 12 - Thwackin' & Stackin'

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry its been so long since I last checked in here. Great job this season so far guys! I hunted in Carroll county today and had to cut my 2-day hunt a day short. I passed on a small 6 pt and a couple button bucks this morning, but was given a second opportunity at the BBs this afternoon and I couldn't turn it down. Hopefully I can get out some more this week and go for a buck.

rsmith

Hey sorry everyone I have haven't checked in I'm awhile, been really busy with finals in school and work but I am still trying to get out as much as I can to get some points on the board. Congrats bigslam51 on a great buck! And that's awesome we're in first! Good luck everyone, be safe and have fun!

rsmith

Sorry its been so long since I last checked in here. Great job this season so far guys! I hunted in Carroll county today and had to cut my 2-day hunt a day short. I passed on a small 6 pt and a couple button bucks this morning, but was given a second opportunity at the BBs this afternoon and I couldn't turn it down. Hopefully I can get out some more this week and go for a buck.

Congrats on the buttons! Let's hope the grandpa will come through now so you can lay him down too!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Any updates, guys?
Yea actually I've been chasing a pretty good one for the past week. I've had him inside a 100 yds a couple times but just haven't yet closed the deal. He's bedding down in a marsh... No trees... Nothing... So it's an uphill battle for me. Hopefully I can get it done in the next couple days, before muzzy season gets here.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Yea actually I've been chasing a pretty good one for the past week. I've had him inside a 100 yds a couple times but just haven't yet closed the deal. He's bedding down in a marsh... No trees... Nothing... So it's an uphill battle for me. Hopefully I can get it done in the next couple days, before muzzy season gets here.

Good luck! Is there an ag field that he's coming out into?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck! Is there an ag field that he's coming out into?
Yes but it's across the road on another owners land. I'm pretty much stuck to hunting his bedroom and everything in between. He's a smart one... I don't have high hopes but maybe I'll get lucky.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Good luck out there, it does get tougher to get the ambition this late in the season.

rsmith

Been chasing a decent 8 since the beginning of the season, he was a 6 last year and grew 2 more points and now is real nice, he just keeps showing up at either 6:30am or 6pm, I am going to see if I can get permission a couple properties over to maybe busy him on his way through