Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - Lucky 13

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang I didn't get out last night. The boys went dove hunting and disconnected the electric fence and I had 2 calves out. So spent the afternoon and evening rebuilding a fence the deer have tore up in the last 12 months to transfer the cattle to a new pasture where the calves were. I will finish it up today. Damn I'm sore.
Our game Warden won't give me deer permits for fence damage and he won't come over and help repair the fence the State's deer keeps tearing down. I don't understand it.
Frank

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Seen my target buck last night. Just for a moment, but it was him. The brush movement showed he was headding my way. Then some girl was talking really loud and making a noise like a rusty door. (They're having a Haunted Forest next door)...........My target buck went the other way! Gonna go and slide in a set-up on the other side of the thicket and try to use the noise to my advantage. Haunted Forest will be over just before my vacation. Guess what can happen will!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Seen my target buck last night. Just for a moment, but it was him. The brush movement showed he was headding my way. Then some girl was talking really loud and making a noise like a rusty door. (They're having a Haunted Forest next door)...........My target buck went the other way! Gonna go and slide in a set-up on the other side of the thicket and try to use the noise to my advantage. Haunted Forest will be over just before my vacation. Guess what can happen will!

Woohoo! That always gets you motivated. Good luck!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Pulled a new chip tonight and a dandy showed up. Hunted there tonight and had 3 bucks around me. A spike came around a couple times. Then a 6 and an 8 showed up behind me. Didn't think I had anything to worry about as I smoked up good down at the fire pit (first time ever) before I went. Once the 8 got down wind, he freakin' blew and they ran off. Needless to say, I didn't see the "Floppy Brow Buck" tonight. Will post his pic in a minute.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
:tantrum:Second guessed myself right out of a dandy tonight. 13 doe in the field. And a 145-150 10pt standing 30-35 yds from where I had a notion to sit. AND of course the wind shifted to the good~~ Just completes the whole black-eye feeling:smiley_blackeye:rotflmao

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I went out tonite and when I got 100yrds from my ground blind out steps a nice doe right in front of my blind. I got to about 60 yrds before she seen me. It was only 3:30PM to.
Seen 9 deer total. Had a doe and fawn in front of me and a damn black cat crossed about 75 yrds away and up the tails went and they walked away fast. Had another doe and fawn feeding towards me and the neighbor started shooting 22LR and up the tails went and they walked the other way.
A 1/2 mile strip is rough to hunt as you can see too far. Ordered that new blind that Rax posted the discount on so will set it up and have 4 spots to hunt in 1/2 mile strip. We will see.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Went out last night and sat in my ground blind at the far end of the runway. I had 3 turkey hens walk past me at 20 ft and never knew I was there. I have limited view of the 1/2 mile runway because of a rise in the land on the far end. I only seen one doe at about 150 yrds. I guess I will try my woods on my farm and set in my hunting tower. I want to setup my Tiny W2 game camera there but I don't have a tiedown cable to secure it yet.
Anyone know if any of the local Dept. Stores carry locking steel cables in the Sporting or bike dept that I can use as a game camera tiedown? I just hate to shop as I like to walk in buy and get out.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Frank's (MK111) for Team 13 is on the board with a doe kill. Pictures to follow tommorrow. Story in the deer Hunting Forum. Checked in already on line.
Frank

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Yep! Plus I put in for another weeks vacation in front of the one I already got....Last week of Oct and first of Nov is mine! Good luck to whoever get's the chance............