Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - Lucky 13

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I will say you have paid your dues.......I got a feeling it's all gonna come together and it's gonna be worth it! Good Luck Frank I Do Hope You Kill A Dandy Buck!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just got in and only seen a very small doe and fawn at 50 ft. Also seen 2 running deer next door at about 200 yds.
Packed it in at 1:00 to get ready for the Youth Hunt tommorrow with the grandsons.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm off to the killing fields. I hope. Taking the 16 yr old grandson with the S&W Classic Deluxe in 44 mag.
He took a nice 7 pt with the pistol 2 yrs ago and passed on what I thought was a shooter last year. He wanted a bigger buck than the year before. His 7 pt had a point broke off or would have been a 8 pt like the other side.
The neighbor will take any deer son may even shoot a doe for him to.
At 16 I think he is too old for the Contest as the Contest states younger than 16. I need to ask if 16 is OK or must be 15 and younger.
Anyway I will be taking the 14 yr old with a Rem 1100 shotgun tommorrow.
The boys are both football players and are 6'-1" and both go 220 lbs.
The 16 yr old has taken 2 bucks a 9pt at 13 and the 7 pt at 14. And passed on a buck at 15.
The 14 yr old has taken one buck at 10 yr old that had both antlers broken off with stubs. We thought it was a doe. He has only hunted once since then.
Frank

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I'm off to the killing fields. I hope. Taking the 16 yr old grandson with the S&W Classic Deluxe in 44 mag.
He took a nice 7 pt with the pistol 2 yrs ago and passed on what I thought was a shooter last year. He wanted a bigger buck than the year before. His 7 pt had a point broke off or would have been a 8 pt like the other side.
The neighbor will take any deer son may even shoot a doe for him to.
At 16 I think he is too old for the Contest as the Contest states younger than 16. I need to ask if 16 is OK or must be 15 and younger.
Anyway I will be taking the 14 yr old with a Rem 1100 shotgun tommorrow.
The boys are both football players and are 6'-1" and both go 220 lbs.
The 16 yr old has taken 2 bucks a 9pt at 13 and the 7 pt at 14. And passed on a buck at 15.
The 14 yr old has taken one buck at 10 yr old that had both antlers broken off with stubs. We thought it was a doe. He has only hunted once since then.
Frank

Not TOO old in my book. Hope you guys find success! When you do, post it up for them in the youth and harvest thread.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Whacked one for us tonight. Wasn't as big as I wanted, but wasn't a little one either.

hpim2003RAR.jpg

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I added a Youth Bonus points to the Team Points.
Nice doe xboyguy. I will be out hitting it hard in the morning again. I can only hunt the first 4 days of gun season as I have to setup at the Lima gunshow on the 1st weekend of Dec.
I have a ground blind setup on the trail through my woods. I had to change my hunting ideas somewhat. As being a pistol gun hunter I set my hunting tower up for the whole woods. I tried that with a bow and quess what I had too many shots too far away with a bow. A change of tactics was needed.
I setup a ground blind 20 yrds off the trail and today not one of the 8 does even noticed it. I setup the ground blind that was on special that MonsterRax mentioned and the color is great and blends in perfectly with the honeysuckle bushes.
The doe my granson shot today was 20 yrds from the blind and walking straight towards it. I will hunt in it tommorrow and if it works out like I think. I will order another blind.
Frank

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I didn't make it out this morning. I woke up at 5:00 with one of my MS fevers and chills. Somewhat better now as they don't normally last long. Hoping for tommorrow.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I made it out this morning but had to quite at noon. Had a very small doe come into the woods at 8:30 on the trail I was setting in a ground blind on. She kept looking behind her but nothing followed her. I was going to take another doe for the freezer.
She just stood there at 20 yds with her head up in the air sniffing. She never did figure out what it was. I guess it was the smoke coverup.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I might have made a mistake by not hunting this morning. Haven't seen much in my woods so I decided to take the day off being Thanksgiving and all.
At 8:50 I have 2 small bucks feeding across my front yard at about 60 yrds. A small 6 pt and a forkhorn.
The deer might be moving before the rain tommorrow.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Planned on hunting today but I had my phone on mute and didn't hear my alarm.
But the wind is really howling here today. Wind at 15 mph gusting to 25 mph.
Probaly just as well as I have electric fence to repair from the damn deer damage.
I fixed the one pasture yesterday and have the other to do today.
I will be moving the one herd soon and will have to totally repair the deer damage on that pasture fence before bringing them over.
The local warden won't give me deer damage permits since I have no crops. But doing research the State has agriculture damage permits for property damage. I'm going to insist and take the complaint all the way to Columbus if he says no. Or the state can keep their damn deer off my property and that's not going to happen.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I hunted sunup to sundown on Monday and didn't see any deer except the 40 lb one the neighbors friend shot.
I hunted sunup to sundown today. I had 3 does and 2 fawns within 100 ft between 7:45 and 8:30. I have one tag left for a buck only.
The sad point is my brother came down last year and hunted 2 days and didn't see a deer. So he passed this year. I just called him and told him he could have shot his 2 does before 8:30. I guess that's why they call it deer hunting instead of deer shooting.
Frank

jeremy44230

Medina County
Well, I get my mount back in a couple weeks. It needs to dry a bit and then be detailed. I got some pics tonight for a sneak peek...

I'm really pumped to get this deer home. I didn't realize how much white hair he's got on his face!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355357972.005723.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355357987.861041.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355358001.092670.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355358045.592180.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355358062.259334.jpg

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Dang...Looking Good Jeremy! He does have a lot of white on him. Didn't notice that before....guess I was staring at the rack!...LOL..... Imagine that! Congrat's again!