Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - One "Tree"

Blan37

SW Ohio
I wouldn't worry too much Dustin. I had nothing on my trail cam for months then all the sudden a big 8 started showing up at night. The other weird thing is I don't have any pics of the buck I shot. I thought for sure I killed the big 8 because I didn't know there was another nice buck back there. If I based my hunt that day on just what I was seeing on my trail cam, I would have never gone out.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Hunting sucks for us so far. Been out 5 times, saw 2 deer. Been warm every time out except once. We still have mosquitos buzzing around here. Crops are coming off tho and i have 4 cameras out now, so we will be checking SD cards soon and hope to find something worthwhile. It should be happening as soon as we get some colder weather.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm still waiting for November. I'm duck and bird hunting the next few weeks, then it'll be time to chase deer.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Got into my stand yesterday around 3:45. Nice and quite, west wind, not too much though. Around 4:30 4 does show up about 300 yards out to my north, just in front of my BIL's blind. I let him know they were there as he was going to arrive at the property in about 10 minutes. I had him stay in the creek bed until they had cleared the area. They started slowly heading my way. Come to find out its one mature doe, a yearling and 2 fawns. Once they got into my side of the field, they caught either his movement or construction workers at the PO's house. They bolted into the bean field. Told Chad to go ahead and get into his blind. Nothing else moving for a while. Around 6:40 I heard something jump the barbed wire fence to my west, about 25 yards. Out comes a small doe, possibly a BB. He/she milled around for a while eating corn and found an apple. Must've been the last one bc I hadn't seen it. Eventually he starts making his way back into the wood line. As I'm about to come down Chad tells me he cant move bc he has a doe in front of his blind. By this time its about 710. To dark to shoot. Well she starts heading my way and I want to get down while she isn't able to see me. Got to the bottom of my tree, gathered all my shit and made my way down the short trail. Came out of the wood line and see a flag go up. She covered more ground than I expected. All in all another great sit. 6 deer total if you count the flag, which I do. LOL. Heading out for my first morning sit on Saturday.

5 sits
16 deer seen
6 bucks
10 does

Last edited:

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Got into my stand yesterday around 3:45. Nice and quite, west wind, not too much though. Around 4:30 4 does show up about 300 yards out to my north, just in front of my BIL's blind. I let him know they were there as he was going to arrive at the property in about 10 minutes. I had him stay in the creek bed until they had cleared the area. They started slowly heading my way. Come to find out its one mature doe, a yearling and 2 fawns. Once they got into my side of the field, they caught either his movement or construction workers at the PO's house. They bolted into the bean field. Told Chad to go ahead and get into his blind. Nothing else moving for a while. Around 6:40 I heard something jump the barbed wire fence to my west, about 25 yards. Out comes a small doe, possibly a BB. He/she milled around for a while eating corn and found an apple. Must've been the last one bc I hadn't seen it. Eventually he starts making his way back into the wood line. As I'm about to come down Chad tells me he cant move bc he has a doe in front of his blind. By this time its about 710. To dark to shoot. Well she starts heading my way and I want to get down while she isn't able to see me. Got to the bottom of my tree, gathered all my shit and made my way down the short trail. Came out of the wood line and see a flag go up. She covered more ground than I expected. All in all another great sit. 6 deer total if you count the flag, which I do. LOL. Heading out for my first morning sit on Saturday.

5 sits
16 deer seen
6 bucks
10 does

How exciting is that? Better than the old property we hunted on. On the old property we hadnt see crap but birds. I cant wait for us to see thru the rest of the season and see whats gonna happen. We are diffently in the good spot.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Yeah Im happy with it. Even better when the leaves come off, Ill be able to see into that bean field no problem.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anyone else make it out this morning for the gun season opener? I was fortunate to take a doe this morning with the Savage 220. Nice 2.5 year old... Just be some good eating.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Congrats Jim!

I'll be back out with the bow after gun season. Going to try and kill a doe for the freezer.

Good luck out there this week guys!!

angelzd28

Went out yesterday, mostly drove deer for my brother and sister. No luck though. This year has been pretty up and down, Im pretty sure ive seen every buck in my immediate area and they have been at 50+ yards every time. Oh well that's deer hunting.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I killed a real nice 10 yesterday. Give me some time to post it up.

Also, last sunday my daughter mallory got a real dandy in the youth season, it grossed 157 4/8