Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 14 - Nocked and Loaded

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Checking in. I can see already that this contest is going to cause discord in the family! Oh wells, as long as I kick his *ss, it's all good!

Last edited by a moderator:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hi team. My name is Phil and I have a deer hunting problem. Well, more like a work problem. I tend to be less productive at work during deer season. lmao

Do we have daily or weekly support group meetings for our deer hunting problems?

Good luck this year to you all! It is going to be fun. Don't worry xbowgirl, you know xbowguy is out of luck this season. Since you two runnd oft and got murried, he is going to be off his game this year. This means we get to enjoy all your newfound luck! You can kill the deer he misses! lmao

Last edited:

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Well I'm checking in. Good luck to all.

As being one of the perks of having a taxidermist on your team. I will give all my team mates a 10% discount for any deer that scores points for our team that you have me mount. Hopefully that will get you excited.

Last edited:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Since you two runnd oft and got murried, he is going to be off his game this year.

I wish. I'll just have to raise the bar!

My crossbow is all sighted in and shooting good. We also got corn into one of the feeders this afternoon for our Doe honey hole. I won't be doe hunting for many weeks though as "his" rule is bucks first or when he gets tired of me whining about wanting to kill something! :smiley_crocodile:

Can't wait until Saturday!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good deal xbowgirl! Either way, it is going to be a lot of fun. Just not sure when i am going to be able to make it out. I should be good for at least a doe or two. No promises on a buck, but I have had a heckuva year on trail cameras.

Good to see you on board whitetailspecialties! Give me a shout if you need a hand dragging one out. I would love to give Hank as much work as I can this year. Buck or doe, doesn't matter. We are close enough it would be perfect for Hank's practice!

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
I might just take you up on that offer Phil. If I get a call when somebody sticks a big one you looking for some extra work?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Absolutely. Just cannot always break free to work Hank. If I am available, I will work as many as I can. I have another guy I hunt with who tracks deer with his dog as well. Between the two of us, we would both like to work these dogs. He recovered one last year over the course of 2 days. Out the night of the shot, then the next morning we went out. He and the hunter found him that afternoon. 1.5mile tracking job according to the GPS mounted on the dog. Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. Tough old buck. Bumped him twice and backed out twice. Buck was still alive but exhausted when found. One lung shot. Can't remember what else he hit (if any other vitals.)

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Hung a few new cams and stands today. Had another guy try to steal a camera but thankfully I had it in a lock box on a tree! My target is still around but purely nocturnal. Problem is there are about 3 other people with permission on this land. Did just pick a new 100 acre piece the will be good during the rut. Heres a few pics of him:

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Been gone TOO long and then I return to find that I got hooked up with a team like this! Lucky man. Super pumped to be one your team, guys (and gal).

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hicks....Help me out here. Diane doesn't believe deer actually like the smell of Aqua Velvet on her deer blind.rotflmao

Why you son-of-a-gun! lol

Go ahead and play some tricks on her Rick. That is some bad ju-ju. It will come back to haunt you. lmao

Welcome to the team Deerburger!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Why you son-of-a-gun! lol

Go ahead and play some tricks on her Rick. That is some bad ju-ju. It will come back to haunt you. lmao

Welcome to the team Deerburger!

I Kid Honestly! I pulled camera chips yesterday and baited well for her.....She has some dandy pic's to post today!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Nice looking buck, Rutin! Welcome to the team, Deerburger! (I have no clue about chat??)

Hicks, Rick is running skeered, he just don't want to admit it! :smiley_baby:

I'm downloading my cam pics now and will post them in my trail cam thread in a bit..........

Last edited:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
You guys need to come up with a name. All I can think of is "The Winners!" :pickle:

Seriously, whatever ya'll decide, I'm good with.