Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 14 - The Stick & String Snipers

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm hoping to put a doe down for us this week. Won't be real hunting, but I need meet! There is a surplus of does in our neighborhood, so I ordered parts to fix my feeder. Going to place it strategically so that I can see it from the house, then put the stalk on them when I know there is something there. One of the does has to be 4-5 years old if not older. She's absolutely massive and she is the one I want to kill. With an empty freezer, I'm not above a little baiting to replenish reserves!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I am hoping to get out soon also. Between work, obligations at church, and all the stuff that still needs done around the house, I barely have enough time to take a shit it seems. Hoping for a Wednesday evening hunt.

JPN

coshocton
I haven't been able to get out much lately either. Hopefully Ill get out some here in the next few evenings. I will more than likely be waterfowl hunting this weekend but after that Im going to start hitting it hard.

JPN

coshocton
Im finally going to get out tomorrow! We worked late every night this week so I haven't been out at all. Hopefully the wind isn't too bad. Good luck if anyone else is going out.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good luck Justin!

It was a slow day for me. Taking tomorrow off to hang with my little girl, then hitting it hard Sunday. Probably stay in the woods most of the day Sunday.

JPN

coshocton
The bucks were moving tonight. My dad had a 150 10 come in behind him but couldn't get a shot. I saw a monster at about 100 yards. I grunted at him but with the wind I don't think he even heard me. One of my best friends came out to our farm tonight and he had a small 6 point chase a doe by him and about 30 seconds later a buck we call the wide 8 came through at 20 yards and he smoked him! It ended up being 22 inches wide and his biggest buck he has shot. I couldn't be happier for him.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Good stuff. Getting ready to head down to the ridge for morning sit. This place has always been a good morning spot. I should at least have a opportunity at a doe.

JPN

coshocton
I saw a doe, 6pt, and a 130 10pt this morning. I don't think I'm going to be able to get out tonight, but Just found out I'm off this Wednesday through Sunday!