Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 14 - The Stick & String Snipers

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
At least everybody is able to get out and get some seat time. I got my second sit this morning and it was a good one as far as seeing deer movement. Saw a decent buck at @150yrd cruising and a momma with two little ones being dogged by a 2 1/2yr old 8pt. Watched a hawk make 3 different failed attempts a Grey squirrel. Working nights so no evening sits till Tuesday. Good luck men.

JPN

coshocton
I got skunked yesterday morning. After the hunt I drove to the other end of the farm and there was 4 bucks with a doe on the hill side. 2 definite shooters. I sat there yesterday afternoon and only saw 2 small bucks chasing around 2 does.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Pretty quiet morning so far. Only seen 1 small 8 pointer so far. Guess I was kinda expecting a slower morning with the way the moon was when I went to bed.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I didn't get out until 8am yesterday but stayed till noon and saw zippo, nada. I wont be back out till Tuesday morning. I'm still hopeful that a big one wants to commit suicide. Good luck guys.

JPN

coshocton
They were moving tonight. I saw 7 bucks and a doe. They were all small tho except one. He was big on his right side with 4 points and a split on his g2. But his left side was just 2 spikes. Lol. He had me excited at first until he turned his head. As I was climbing down I could hear 2 fighting across the ravine and they were really going at it. Great night out. I'm going back there in the morning.

Had a good night in the stand, Jarrod is home from college and was out also. I called in a 6pt at 4:25 and Jarrod drew on a doe but couldn't get her to stop. At dusk I saw a big boy come out of the corn and head Jarrods way but we ran out of light. Back at it in the morning gonna hunt all day.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
So the days total was 16 total sightings. Half of which happened in the last 3 minutes. A total of 9 bucks 7 of which I can confirm where different bucks.

Chalk 5 points up for The Stick and String Snipers Team 14. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415502522.254238.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415502537.213594.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415502546.787517.jpg

JPN

coshocton
Congrats again LH. Passed on a 130 8 this morning and saw a really big buck chasing a doe about 200 yards away. This evening I saw 6 does. Can't believe no bucks were following them.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Been another weird ass rut for me. I'm off Tues-Thurs, but will have to go to Cambridge for a meeting at some point on Thursday. I'm going to hunt hard those 3 days and the weekend, then I'm done for the most part. Going to focus on scouting ducks/geese and getting my wife on deer for gun season.

Thanks for getting us some points LH! At least we won't get skunked!!!

JPN

coshocton
My dad and I went out tonight and hunted opposite ends of the farm. Neither of us saw a thing. With the snow I thought they'd be up moving but I was wrong lol. It was pretty windy tho.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well fellas, sorry that all I could contribute was 5 pts. Overall it was a disappointing season for me. Didn't get the opportunity to get out early and get a doe. So when it finally came time and had opportunities I was fearful that she might have the big boy in tow. Not the case, and as the late season roles on there just wasn't the opportunities.

Oh well I guess it will have to wait till the last weekend of Sept.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You hunted hard Steve, that's all you can ask for!

I did not enter either of the deer I shot. IMO those deer were killed by opportunism, not through hunting skill and therefore I don't feel comfortable entering them in the contest. Once again I proved to be a pretty worthless teammate!

This is the first season in a long time that I didn't fill my buck tag. I had chances at young bucks and one 8pt that was 120ish, but couldn't bring myself to shoot. My work schedule and the death of my grandpa were factors in my time spent hunting. I did harvest a doe this year and enjoyed every second spent in the stand and I have no regrets, other than wishing I could have contributed more to the team. Congrats team mates and I look forward to next season.

JPN

coshocton
Disappointing season for me too. This was the first year I didnt fill atleast one tag. I had plenty of opportunities to shoot does but was holding out for a big buck. Kept telling myself Id shoot one later in the season but just never happened. Sorry fellas, wish I would have contributed more.