Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #15 'Rack Attack'

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
When I was down hunting for a doe all last week during gun season it was scary at times just how low the deer numbers appear to be. I was fortunate to kill a nice doe on the first day on our property. Ron and I did alot of slow pushes for friends and family and covered some blacktop driving from one camp to the other camp over the entire week and just like last year the deer sightings seem to be really low. The places we use to see deer feeding or crossing along the 18 mile trek from one camp to the other were deerless no matter what time of day we made the trip. Our pushes yielded some does and young ones but rarely did anyone shoot because we just weren't seeing the numbers in those areas.

So Mike, I know how you feel!

The plant is finally back to 5days a week and I got word that we will be shutting down for about a week and a half over Christmas....That should open up some time to hunt...The limited number of times I have been able TOO make it out have been pretty depressing to say the least...About 6-8hrs archery an opening day of firearms...I heard very few shots the past week,which is surprising because the land around me is pretty well hunted during firearms week.....Congrats to the teammates making it happen

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got curious and got to looking and we're only 56 points out of first as it stands. Ron(Big H) has yet to score his deer so things are looking real good so far.

Good luck team mates who will be heading out this weekend. Be safe and good luck in laying a biggun low. Mike, good luck to your dad and son TOO.

Big H

Medina
I got curious and got to looking and we're only 56 points out of first as it stands. Ron(Big H) has yet to score his deer so things are looking real good so far.

Good luck team mates who will be heading out this weekend. Be safe and good luck in laying a biggun low. Mike, good luck to your dad and son TOO.

I am laying low right now for a suprise attack of points....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good deal Mike! Hope you guys get Yagger! If you do get him what better way to celebrate than you and ole scout each downing a shot of yagger. Lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
As season winds down I just wanted to say I really enjoyed being y'all's teammate this season. MC, I know you hunted your ass off this season and it didn't pan out for you but we all have seasons like that. This year is a new year and good luck to you in finding a nice buck to hunt this fall.

Ron(big H), I hope your daughters can get a big one down before seasons end, good luck to them. Don't forget to post tape measurement pics of that nice buck of yours along with the tag pic and a TC pic if you have one. Hope your wife is doing better too.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks Ric. I tried! Wish I could've helped our team out with big scorer, but it didn't work out. I keep reliving the miss if the big 9 just about everyday.

A big congrats to you guys who cashed in.

Guys, it was a pleasure. Best of luck in the offseason scouting and finding some prospects for this fall.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
BIG H, did you get your buck measured up for the contest? I probably missed it and I'm too lazy to go back and look.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
BIG H, did you get your buck measured up for the contest? I probably missed it and I'm too lazy to go back and look.

Not yet. I don't know the deadline either. Hope he's able to get it up soon. Ron killed a dang nice buck and it would really put us up there but know he's got a lot on his plate too.