Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 17 - Young Guns

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Klay is on the board with his first deer of his career. He killed a 4 point this morning.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349022351.123538.jpg

Last edited:

lung buster

hocking county
Good job Klay! Way to get it started!
I took Andrew out this evening for the first sit of the year. We only seen a few squirrels. It will probably be later in the week/weekend before we get back out.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
Justin wont get out until the Minnesota youth season around October 20th. If I am not lucky enough to shoot the Split Brow buck by then I am going to try and get Justin on him.

lung buster

hocking county
Looking forward to taking Andrew out in the am. I set up a new blind earlier in the week in a spot that is covered with acorns and tore up with sign. Can't wait!

lung buster

hocking county
Had a good hunt with Andrew this am but we came home empty. We sat for 3.5 hrs which is awesome for a 7 yr old in my opinion. He never made a peep and he chose when it was time to leave. We won't make it back out until fri pm and were already looking forward to it!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I am headed to my lease in the morning to put a couple more ground blinds up for my son and check cameras to see where the best chance to get Justin on a good buck for his hunt next week.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Had a good hunt with Andrew this am but we came home empty. We sat for 3.5 hrs which is awesome for a 7 yr old in my opinion. He never made a peep and he chose when it was time to leave. We won't make it back out until fri pm and were already looking forward to it!

That's great to last that long!
My oldest used to last that long. Now? Maybe 1 hour before he gets restless. Lol

lung buster

hocking county
I finally got to take Andrew back out. He had the day off from school due to the snow. Im on night shift and i told him before i went to bed to get me up in the afternoon if it wasn't raining too much. He woke me up at 3:00 and was ready to go lol. I was surprised that most of the snow was still around. We bumped 3 does in front of the blind and about 20 min after were settled in i thought he was going to fill his fall turk tag. Had a flock of 10 come by and he got busted moving his bow for a shot at about 25 yds. Right before dark we had a small buck come by and that was it. It was a good October night hunting in the snow with my boy! Back at it thursday!

lung buster

hocking county
Great hunt this am with Andrew. We had a 1.5 yr buck come in about 9:30 and hang around for over 1 hr. During that time some turks came by and another young buck. They went at it several times right in front of us. As easy of a shot he would of had he said that he was waiting on something bigger. Cant say that i blame him seeing some others we have pics of. Pulled the card on the way out and had a heavy 8 there 25 yds from the blind fri at 5:30. I was at work and couldn't take him that night. Drews next hunt won't be until fri. Can't wait!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Good stuff Lung Buster. Out with Liz now, she had a 5 hr sit last night with no sightings. I did not expect that she would want to get out today, but she informed me when I got home from work that she needed to get out today. "She needs to get out to get it done" what she told me.

lung buster

hocking county
Good stuff Lung Buster. Out with Liz now, she had a 5 hr sit last night with no sightings. I did not expect that she would want to get out today, but she informed me when I got home from work that she needed to get out today. "She needs to get out to get it done" what she told me.
Good stuff. I love it! Good luck and i hope she "gets it done"!

lung buster

hocking county
Andrew killed his 1st bow deer on 11/13. The story is in another thread.

Im going to take him tonight and will be looking for a doe or turk. Then it's muzzy time for the weekend.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hope it happens for Koty Mike! That's a nice buck!

Goodluck to all the youth this weekend! Be safe, have fun and build some great memories!