Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 19

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Pretty sure I'm goin tonight. Found a pond in the middle of the wods surrounded by about 20 Apple trees . Its a old homesite so its thick and briary. Fair number of rubs so hopefully I see a shooter . Ain't run cams there cause obviously theres deer there and I didn't wanna intrude to hang and check cams . We'll see how it goes .

buckstar25

T-county
Good luck Carpn, looks like I'm gonna get skunked this morning. Thought for sure I was gonna see some deer, spot is usually good for at least some does.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Got a 3 day weekend! Hunting Fri evening, Saturday Morning/ evening, and Sunday morning/evening. This hot weather needs to go away!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Ya I went out on saturday, got in the stand right after the rain. Didn't see chit! I have friday,saturday, and sunday off again and morning hunts are looking good with the cool weather, and I'll hunt the evenings as well.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I ain't really hunting much , or getting to serious yet. Better times to come . I know one thing, in my current frame of mind I ain't passing any 130"+ deer like last yr .

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Hunting a new farm this weekend, and the corn just got shelled! Hopefully I'll see a nice buck tomorrow evening. Doe only this weekend blows! I'll be bow hunting all weekend, Prolly all year.

buckstar25

T-county
Bumped at least one deer comin up the hill. About 9:00 I pissed away a shot at a doe. Gotta quit thinkin too much. I let her come in to 15 yds, thought she was gonna keep comin down so I let her go. She turned to my right and walked back into the thicket. Great morning though, a little warm yet but it's better than 80 degrees!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I shot a doe yesterday but unfortunately we couldn't find her. By the looks of the arrow all I hit was meat. Hardly any blood and we lost the trail, still kept looking but no luck:( hopefully I see her again next weekend

buckstar25

T-county
Hey guys, been pretty quiet on the team chat so I figured I'd give ya an update. I haven't hunted in a week! Busy at the home front, work, yada yada.... Anyway, a buddy of mine called last night at 6:45 or so and asked what I was doing. He just shot a nice buck and it ran down a nasty hill and he heard it crash. He was by himself so I made arrangements to get down as soon as I could( insert I have the best wife ever).

I got down to the property around 8:20, after quick rundown an congrats we headed up the hill. We started on the blood and it was apparent we wouldn't be looking long. The bad thing is, is that the hollow this buck ran into is some of the nastiest cover I have ever seen. Add the 70 degree angle and we were in for a fun drag. The lower logging road was the predicted destination, as we followed the blood we came to a huge poplar that had been partially uprooted. When my light hit the tree it was smeared and splattered with blood. Both sides, left and right had blood. As we shined past the tree we saw the white belly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382314759.097833.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382314769.943304.jpg

After all of the celebrating and stories we accepted the reality that we now had to drag this deer (assumed weight 180lbs) back up the same hill. Tall task, 3 grown men, 1 rope and a good while later we got him to the top.

Great deer, good workout, and I hit the pillow at 12:45. Back up at 3:30 to go to work. That makes the 32nd deer he has killed off of this particular ridge, includes a 160" 11 and many others.

buckstar25

T-county
Well, I am gonna get out in the morning. Buckner is loaded up and ready to go, second year using a decoy and this last 2 weeks of October is my favorite time to hunt. Never used a decoy this early so we'll see what happens.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I just got finished with the kids hunting at least for a while so I should get some tree time the next few weekends. I got us some bonus points for taking the kids out. My son shot 2 nice does, one with his bow and the other with his slug gun. My 10 year old daughter shot a 10 pointer Saturday night and is hooked. I will be bow hunting my lease the next 2 weekends then I will be slug hunting my lease for 6 days starting Nov 9th.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I just got finished with the kids hunting at least for a while so I should get some tree time the next few weekends. I got us some bonus points for taking the kids out. My son shot 2 nice does, one with his bow and the other with his slug gun. My 10 year old daughter shot a 10 pointer Saturday night and is hooked. I will be bow hunting my lease the next 2 weekends then I will be slug hunting my lease for 6 days starting Nov 9th.

Sounds good! Tell your kids I said congrats! Did you post a pic of your daughters 10 point? If so I must of missed it. I'm hoping this weekend will put the big boys on their feet during daylight, cold front coming in and I have a killer spot, I had small bucks all over me sunday morning. Anyways, good luck everyone and lets get some points up!