Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #2 - Buck Naked

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You da man! Hoping to find some success this week. Most of you guys have more time on the weekends, but my wife works most weekends. I cheat and hit it during the week! Going to have to pick my days wisely this week though with the work load.

Buckmaster

Portage
Way to go Huck!

I went 0-4 this weekend. Must have been the ice fog for 2 straight days coupled with the high point of the lull. A couple other guys in camp this weekend saw small bucks up on their feet but all the does are in hiding. If they move they will get raped by little guys.

Back at it Thursday thru Sunday.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hunted last night and this morning. Little to no action. I believe this is the "October Lull" which we never saw. Something tells me when we start to see deer again, we are going to see some serious action!

Huckleberry Finn

Well that puts us in 7th place with 15 points. We've got a missing teammate, Phil keeps bitching, Ben won't put down his stick bow for a killin weapon, Willy is in a different freaking state, and I'm horn hunting.

We're still Buck Naked!

Buckmaster

Portage
OK, The Ten Point Phantom comes out of the closet this week. It's time to start getting serious. I'll take up the stick bow again if I fill my buck tag. My buck standards are fairly high so I generally enter the season expecting to eat tag soup.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Well that puts us in 7th place with 15 points. We've got a missing teammate, Phil keeps bitching, Ben won't put down his stick bow for a killin weapon, Willy is in a different freaking state, and I'm horn hunting.

We're still Buck Naked!

Take heart, my friend...we are just about to turn it on. I'll be in the Ohio woods tomorrow afternoon. It's go time.

Huckleberry Finn

Buckmaster - I was just kidding, I'd love nothing more than to see you harvest one with your stick bow! You have the property and ability to turn it on with the flip of a switch, so get it buddy!

Willy - gonna expect some text updates dude. Good luck!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am just going to keep bitching. This will be the year i eat tag soup. How you like that attitude? lol

Huckleberry Finn

Way to be a part of the team Phil! :smiley_bestfriends:

Nah, we'll be fine. Just need to find one of these: :smiley_deer:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Way to be a part of the team Phil!

Sorry bro! I don't know what it is, but I am having a bad gut feeling about this year. Only takes a moment for the season to change though. Last year I had a poacher in on my main property and decided to hunt another location. Fully anticipated killing the first deer that walked by. I passed on a button buck and killed my buck last year on a night when I had zero expectations to kill a buck. You just never know. I am thinking late season is going to be prime for me if I don't get anything during the rut! We will be the only major food source in town. You are bound to get some traffic if you are the only restaurant open to business!

Buckmaster

Portage
Looks like 5 guys coming to camp this weekend. Something with some bone should get dragged out of the woods this weekend.

I'll be in the woods Thursday thru Sunday. See ya when I get back.

Buckmaster

Portage
The deer activity and bigger buck appearances seemed to pick up on Saturday 11/5. This weekend I saw 4 different P&Y 8 pointers. They all deserved one more year.

I did manage to secure a couple points for the team this weekend.

I'm back to work for 4 days then back to camp Thursday night for Round 2.

Buckmaster

Portage
Doe Down, pic from the stand.

doe down.jpg