Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #2 Deuces Wild

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Yesterday morning I went to a stand where I normally see lots of does. I gave a couple soft doe grunts and instantly had 2 bucks walk directly from the thicket 50 yards away and right under me. They meandered around feeding on beans a good 10 minutes. The first buck is a nice 2.5yr old that would be a 120" 8 pt but his right main beam was busted. All he had was the brow and 2 inches of main beam. The other deer was atleast 3.5 years old. He pissed me off cuz he was a 7 point with no browtines whatsoever. Would of been a beautiful 9 point and woulda been on my wall if he would have had them

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That sucks Red. At least your seeing deer from the stand. I have only seen them on cam near my stand lol. I have sat more times this year then I can ever remember and still have yet to see one from the stand. I know my stands are in good spots but other fugsticks are not helping the situation any. Got the big 10 on cam the other morning that was checking some does so might just have to try the soft grunt thing and see what happens. I know that he and the big 8pt are not TOO far from my new stand. Here is a pic of the big 10 that was checking the does.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
going to hunt friday and saturday morning. I am hoping to kill a doe still, sorry team Ive been slacking on the killing part!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
Headed out to hunt the Split Brow buck in the morning and to set up a couple more blinds in case I dont kill him so my son can hunt him next week when the early youth gun season starts.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Working until Saturday so I can't get back in the stand until Sunday however, it is going to rain but as long as it's not a downpour I will be there. I have seen more deer up on their feet in a light rain then any other time. I will also be out Monday evening. Next week I doubt I get into a stand until Friday evening at the TOO hunt where I'm pretty sure a deer will fall to the ELITE.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Seen a doe and grey fix tonite. Man it was great to get some fresh air in a tree. Good luck guys.

Also three good size scrapes leading up to the stand.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Got out for a sit last night. Seen a 3 pt thrash a sapling for a good 10 minutes right around 6pm. He moved off the other way only to return right at dark thirty to thrash the sapling under my stand. He wouldn't leave for nothing. I finally had to start yipping like a coyote to run him off

twireman

Kingston, OH
Alright boys it's been two weeks since a post!! Thursday will kick off my "serious" hunting. I have only sat in a treestand once this year so I'm really looking forward to getting out. We have a few nice bucks on cams and I'm not looking for a giant this year. First one that tickles my fancy and presents a good shot I'm taking it.

Good luck men!

twireman

Kingston, OH
Im set up in same spot my bro killed his beast last year. Good sign up here. Hope the wind dies down though

To the left
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351800454.882538.jpg

Over the hill in front is clarcut

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351800548.718596.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sounds like you had some good time watchin leafs like I do lol. I will be out Sunday and then starting the 9th will kick off my week of hard hunting to try and get some brown down.

I guess the property has been getting hit every weekend by a couple other guys so the deer know the pressure is on them so I hope I can make something happen or a doe brings one of the big boys past my stand.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Yeah the only deer i seen was the big 6 and he kept about twenty yards too far. After seeing him in person i will shoot him no doubt.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351818994.140114.jpg

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Friday night I decided to actually sit on the ground along a field edge. I actually had 2 different shooter bucks come within range and both picked me off due to slight movements they caught me. Saturday I seen a shooter 1 at 200 yards running does. Tonight I had a dandy 8pt at 50 yards decide to take the wrong fork in the trail that led him away from me. Lotsa close encounters with Big boys. Its gonna happen soon, Im confident

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Keep after them Red. It will happen.

I didn't make it to my stand until around 3:30 yesterday. Had a small 6pt walk by and walk out toward the pasture but as soon as he cut my trail he turned and started back toward me. He came back and milled around eating some green browse and headed on down the woods and around the corner. Looked back to my left a little bit later and seen another buck about 80 yards away heading to the pasture then turn and head north up the ridge. Never got a good look at his headgear but I know he was slightly better then the one that went by me. At last shooting light I climbed down and collected the 2 broadheads that had fallen out of my quiver as I was hauling my gear up and headed for the truck. At the far end of the pastures I crossed the river and as I stepped out of the weeds I see 5-6 blobs with whitetails take off jump the fence and head on back around the other end of the pasture. It was to dark to tell what they was for sure but if I had to guess I would say some doe and yearling fawns that was getting ready to cross the same spot of river as I was so they could go into the hidden pastures to eat some apples.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Had an unventful weekend. Yesterday wanted to hunt back side of parents. Left home at noon to get all set up. Drove back there and our ATV trail looked like a freeway. hmmmm. As I was walking in I spotted a ground blind on the corner of our land. It was smashed to the ground from the storm. Also I lock on caught my eye. hmmm. Both on our parents. The steps were gone from the treestand or it would have been mine. Still might if I get back there in time.

Pulled out of there and went to other side where I had encounter with the shooter on Thursday. Had a small doe come through right at dark. Probably wont' get out now till weekend with time change. My spirit is down but not broken with all the extra activities going on. Maybe the new moon Tuesday will help out some here.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It only takes one T and we never know when that one will be in front of us. I hope you get a crack at one this weekend. Sucks to hear about the others who have decided to do as they want on your parents place. Hope they move out of there soon for ya man.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
hope the season is going good for you all mines been a roller coaster, but I will continue to keep trying!