Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 3 - DDT Squared

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'll be out Tuesday evening, Wednesday morning and evening, and Thursday evening. Figure the evenings will be spent in the blind. Kate isn't shooting great right now, so I have limited her to 20y. If a doe pops out while we are in the blind, I'm gonna smoke her.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Had a big old nanny doe walk out at first light. She stopped, looked back into the woods, (not in my direction) and took off haulin ass like someone was coming for her lunch money. It was weird.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
I was right about the moon. They aren't doing anything but sleeping this morning. Oh we'll. just nice to be in a tree. I'll give it another half hour or so an head out. See if I can't make it to work for a bit :)

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Just make it back to the stand a little bit earlier than normal, it seems when they aren't moving around in the mornings due to a bright moon they start a little bit sooner in the afternoon. At least for Ohio deer. Not sure if it would be the same for the Floridian deers.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Just make it back to the stand a little bit earlier than normal, it seems when they aren't moving around in the mornings due to a bright moon they start a little bit sooner in the afternoon. At least for Ohio deer. Not sure if it would be the same for the Floridian deers.

Wish I could head out this afternoon...gotta work for a bit and head to the car lot to get the wife's car picked up...dang errands. Still was a great morning to be sitting in a tree.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Took Kate out Tuesday in the blind, but it was too dang hot and the deer just weren't on their feet before dark and we got skunked.

Hunted yesterday morning in the oak flat stand and saw a single does right after daylight. Only stayed on stand til 9:30 since it was warming up so early.

Trying to decide if we are gonna go sit in the blind again tonight. Gonna be another warm one...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Checked the camera last night at the blind. Over the span of two weeks, that field went from being a hot ticket, to a deserted island! I'm sure it is because the oaks have finally hit the ground, but dang, I was hoping I would have another week or two before that spot went south! I was really banking on that to be a spot for Kate to bust a buck!

Working days through Sunday, but I will be out bright and early Monday morning. Thinking about heading to the farm with Splits, Cuz, and BT for the first hunt there this year!

Speaking of Splits, I got pictures of him a mile from where I originally got pictures of him this summer. I don't know why, but that just amazes me. That deer has everything he needs on that other farm, but I guess he's searching for something more!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Things are shaping up real nice for Monday and Tuesday next week, with the low Monday morning being 31 degrees. I can't wait to be sitting in a tree those two mornings!