Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 3 - DDT Squared

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Talk about a kick to the nuts! Drove by the spot I've been trying to get Kate a shot at the ten, and wouldn't you know it, he was standing there at the salt block in front of my camera, not 15 yards away from the blind, and at 7pm to boot! I was trying to convince her to sit the blind tonight, but her sister called her to babysit! I told her she had to be out there tomorrow and that I would be there to pick her up after work. Makes me nervous her being out there alone, but I have faith in her abilities!

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Damn it. Failure. I'd have bet 500 bucks that deer was 40 yards from where I hit him and dead as a stump. All I can figure is the arrow went under spine and above lung. I was shoot from a ground blind so that doesn't help my case. 25 yard shot, piece of cake. An inch lower it's lung an inch or two higher it's spine. First deer I've lost in a few years. Now I remember how much I hate losing them. The guys that were helping me with the dogs, as well as the landowner (both guys who have hunted for 20+ years) swear the deer is still alive. I feel like barfing.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Can't wait for the hunt with everyone next weekend. I have 6 hunts in on 2 properties and 3 stands and am yet to see a deer. Frustrated is an understatement...