Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 3

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looking pretty even across the teams this year. Hopefully we can give them a nice challenge fellas. Great thing about this contest is you never know which team is going to win. Anybody's game at this point and I wish you all the best!

If you don't know me, I am Phil and I like to eat deer. Should be good for a doe or two and youth hunter points. Outside of this I won't make any promises.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Fluteman checking in.

Phil, you better carry us this year! Get off the fence and one of those 135" deer so we can get out to an early lead!

Can't guarantee I will hunt much this fall, but I'll give it a great effort when I do!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
These chicken legs can't carry much brother! You know I would have been rooting for you whether on my team or not. Good luck to you.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Well, where's everyone else?

Really starting to get pumped for bow season. Picked up some Slick Tricks Friday. Gonna fletch some more arrows tonight and give everything one final tune this week.

Still gotta pick up some boots, and move a few more stands, but I will be ready come the first of October!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was wondering about the rest of the team as well. I am starting to feel a bit more excited about the season.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds good Wayne. My first 3 shots tonight were at 30yds and all three would have been a dead deer. I am feeling pretty good. A bit more confidence every night I shoot. I have no doubts a deer under 30 is going to be in my freezer. Just need to continue shooting and get the same confidence out to 40-50-60. My self imposed 40yd limit will still be in effect but I want to practice out farther.

As for the rest of the team? I dunno. Right now I suggest "The Three Amigos" as a name because that is all we have and we are Team 3. Lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
"Two guys and a feller who likes to eat his buck tag cuz he can't stop whacking does", sounds like a good name, at least until the other two check in! Then change it from two guys TOO four guys! Lmao

Sorry Philbert, I had to buddy....:smiley_crocodile:

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
sorry guys been away for a little, but im here. im excited for this year have some good bucks on cam and picked up even more ground this year. i was in kentucky already but didnt have any luck i will be heading back there later in november if everything works out.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
sorry guys been away for a little, but im here. im excited for this year have some good bucks on cam and picked up even more ground this year. i was in kentucky already but didnt have any luck i will be heading back there later in november if everything works out.

Glad to have you man! I'm hoping to get down to KY in a few years for some early season hunting. Always been a dream to kill a velvet buck!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice! Welcome to the team Bigten05! Best of luck in KY. KY or OH deer will count for the contest.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
i need to update my trail cam thread ive just got so many pics i dont know where too start. this is one of the big ones that is still hanging around the one that was with him all summer is gone but i think i know where he is. and this shed my brother and his buddy pulled off of a property they just picked up 81 inchs 29 inchs of mass the picture doesnt do it any justice

Attachments

• 555.jpg
    555.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 337
  • 6645.jpg
    6645.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 311

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Now this is a teammate we could use!

I think we could be a sleeper team. Redhunter has killed some nice ones and is capable any given year. Fluteman is always in them and overdue for some good fortune. I feel I am due since I shot myself in the foot last year and am going into this season with a different attitude. I haven't shot a buck in 3 seasons. 2008 and 2010 were my buck years. Wayne? Also due for a good season. If we all pull off a good year I think we are contenders and I know all 5 of us are pretty hardcore. Good luck guys!

Names? I was going to suggest Doe Killers since everyone else is going the macho buck name route. Lol

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Checking in fellas. Early season is always tough on me due to working at the elevator. But I do have about 5 bucks patterned right now that I would shoot. It looks like an early harvest so I may have a good amount of time come November to get into the woods

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
im overdue also i ate a buck tag the past 2 seasons passed some good deer that i should of shot, but they wouldnt be as big now if i shot them then. im going too put some does down early for a landowner that told me the only way i can hunt is if i actually shoot something. hes had guys in there but says they never shot anything they just wanted a big buck. he was gonna get kill permits but doesnt like the idea of leaving them lay and not using the meat. so i told him id take my does off his place.