Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #3

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just so you guys know, I have not put any cams out this year until 2 weeks ago so I have no idea what lurks around out there lol. I know we have had some good bucks in years past so I would assume there is a few again this year and I should be able to catch a peek at one.

Do any of you have any ideas on a team name?

Big Weff

Athens
The " BigRedWolfsmiths" pretty original I think haha, I didn't get my cameras out until about 2 or 3 weeks ago either adam, I do however know there are good deer around just based on pics from last year and sheds that were found around here, unless none made it through the winter haha. uploadfromtaptalk1442248830094.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442248859001.jpg I'm pretty sure both of these guys are still around for sure so hopefully cameras will verify that here soon

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Nice deer there! I have yet to be on a winning team in one of these things. Not that it really matters, but I really want a win! I am feeling pretty good about this year. Picked up two new spots this year that I am excited about. Didn't get to hunt much last year so really hoping to spend a lot of time in the woods this fall. Looking forward to sharing the journy with you all.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Checked cams today and have 2 decent bucks out there showing up all shed and ready. I just hope they stick around a little longer. Time to lay down the feed heavy and hope they slip up and I can get one early before the others hunting the property chase them off bumblefuggin around out there.

If anybody gets bored on stand or what not feel free to shoot me a text 419-564-6488
Just let me know who it is so I can add you to my list. This way I won't keep looking at the number saying, who the heck is that lol.

rsmith

I'm here guys. Sorry been busy with school and work. I'm doing water quality testing for my geology class on the Chagrin river and have been caught up with that every night. I will be checking cams today so hopefully a could good ones are still showing up.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks Rick, I hope you have a great and safe season as well buddy. Don't go messing up that collar bone.

She's a healing Adam, slowly but surely though! Might tote Ricks xbow during the first month or so till I'm able to draw my bow but regardless I'll be out there!

Thanks buddy!

rsmith

Just stopping by, y'all have a safe and successful season!
Thank you, you as well! What are you guys plan on opening day? Oat flat? Bean field? Food plot? I'm going to be about 50 yards to the north of a 1.5 acre plot in a white oak tree right at the pinch of 2 trails that is commonly used by the deer to enter the plot.

Big Weff

Athens
Thank you, you as well! What are you guys plan on opening day? Oat flat? Bean field? Food plot? I'm going to be about 50 yards to the north of a 1.5 acre plot in a white oak tree right at the pinch of 2 trails that is commonly used by the deer to enter the plot.
I'm going to plant my but in a tree with my bow and try and get us 5 points on opening day haha, I always put off shooting does because I'm waiting for the big boy to walk through... Not this year

twireman

Kingston, OH
I got down to my parents this morning and hung a set for my three day rut hunt Nov 6-8. I heard some really good chasing and grunting here last year as i was above it about 125 yards. Its a great location and hopefully I can catch a glimpse of a nice one. Good luck guys!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Went to the farm this morning and pulled the SD card to find very little happened this week. Crops are being cut as of today and they had a tractor pulling a wagon spreading some kind of weed killer or fertilizer all over the old pastures.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Me and a couple buddies will be hunting a couple spots that I lucked into this year. The landowner wants does killed, and there are actually a decent amount of them there. Pretty excited about this season.